babysaph 29-Mar-19
Bkbowhunter 30-Mar-19
Bkbowhunter 30-Apr-19
23-Mar-19

Bkbowhunter 's embedded Photo
Anyone putting out minerals for deer. Im using luck buck

23-Mar-19
Here in the eastern panhandle because of CWD we cannot. I try to get as much nutrients in the soil as I can for my food plots, trees and native plants. I miss the days of putting out a mineral site though - still hoping for a cure.

26-Mar-19
I know you can’t bait up there but food plots are ok ???

26-Mar-19
good question

27-Mar-19
Yes food plots are ok - no baiting or mineral sites

27-Mar-19

27-Mar-19
Guess there’s a little difference but I don’t see a big difference in a food plot v/s a feeder just my opinion ??

27-Mar-19
Food.plot can be stretched out in a rather large area. Bait areas tend to be a much smaller area thus cinsteictinh deer usage even more so.

28-Mar-19
What are the dimensions of the food plot

29-Mar-19
I have food plots that range in sizes - smallest is a little over 1/4 acre several around 1 1/2 to 2 and several fields that are over 15 acres. Over the pass few years have been working on several different ways to limit how the deer enter into my plots or fields. Sort of fun trying out different a things to do - wether it’s a fence, letting some areas grow high while keeping others areas mowed down or doing some hinge cutting to block some areas and create nice spots for mock scrapes. But even doing all this I still miss putting out mineral sites. Guess it is probably because I did it for so long and it’s hard to get over not being able to do it.

29-Mar-19
just wanted to make sure i was compliant

30-Mar-19
True food plots can be larger areas that a feeder can spin out but the deer still gather in the same area to eat and no one can say they don’t eat in the same exact spot do I just don’t see a huge difference my self. Just my thoughts???

30-Apr-19

Looks like he’s going to be a nice one
Looks like he’s going to be a nice one

• Sitka Gear