swampokie 15-Apr-19
BlazerZR2 15-Apr-19
sticksender 18-Apr-19
Glunt@work 18-Apr-19
BlazerZR2 19-Apr-19
BlazerZR2 19-Apr-19
JRABQ 19-Apr-19
26-Mar-19
In reviewing last seasons statistics for moose, Estimated Harvest Table, it appears that the total number of hunters in several units was less than the tags issued. What does this mean? Did some people with tags not go hunting or simply did not report any post hunt info to the CPW? Or, does it mean these tags were turned in and not re-allocated by CPW? It occurs for both male and female license data. I know that upon a kill it is mandatory to report and inspect, but shouldn't that be the case for all license holders regardless of the outcome for these premium tags?? Just curious....Your thoughts

26-Mar-19
My guess is the missing kills were on private property. Which was one of the reasons CPW gave for taking down the stats. They said they are not allowed to give that info.

28-Mar-19
That is BS.

Wildlife in a state belongs to the people of the state. Management of those animals is funded by hunters and taxes on firearms.

Those are public records.

Just like if a crime occurs on private property. Public record.

14-Apr-19
Evidently you don't need to follow the rules on private ground? Or need a license?

14-Apr-19
Last I heard that info would be reinserted in the coming months.

15-Apr-19
I thought wildlife in a state belonged to the people of the state but were paid for by people out of state.?

15-Apr-19

BlazerZR2's Link
Found a good archive for Moose info..... ;-}

18-Apr-19
Missed this thread previously. Blazer....nice find. Wkochevar....the #hunters being less than the #licenses has always been common in the stat pages for M/S/G. For these 3 species a harvest report/inspection or non-harvest questionnaire report is mandatory from all licensed hunters. If you don't kill, you still have to fill out the questionnaire they give you within 30 days after the season. If not, you can't re-enter the draw for that species. It has always been my understanding that the difference between the number of hunters and number of licenses is mainly because not all hunters (esp the ones who don't harvest) file their reports. Maybe they forgot, didn't hunt, didn't bother, didn't realize they had to, simply refused, or etc. The stats pages might be more clear if they stated "Number of Reports Filed" instead of "Number of Hunters".

18-Apr-19
Click...download, click...download, click....

19-Apr-19

BlazerZR2's Link
Might as well get them all

19-Apr-19

BlazerZR2's Link
And

19-Apr-19
Thanks for the links Blazer!

• Sitka Gear