Contributors to this thread:
Lost Arra 28-Mar-19
Bear 01-Apr-19
MQ1 02-Apr-19
MQ1 02-Apr-19
Lost Arra 24-Apr-19
PushCoArcher 30-Apr-19
27-Mar-19
Anyone finding morels yet? Going out Sunday to check in Seminole county.

28-Mar-19
I've been looking for sheds and usually cover some morel country too. I found some sheds but no morels. I did see a buck today with one antler. I was really hoping to see it drop as he cleared a fence.

01-Apr-19
Any tips on where to look for them? Surrounded by woods and love mushrooms, never tried these though. Where should a newbie look?

02-Apr-19
Bear, I've generally found them around creek bottoms/shady areas with briars for cover. Don't think I have been fortunate to find any without losing some blood! Ground temps need to be between 55 and 62 degrees I believe(or close). Mesonet has that information available for the state. Others like EmbryOklahoma can chime in as his lease seems to have plenty! Lastly, they only stay up about 2 weeks then ground temp gets too warm.

02-Apr-19

MQ1's embedded Photo
MQ1's embedded Photo
Pott. Co.

02-Apr-19
I meant to add some info for your reading/viewing enjoyment. www.thegreatmorel.com tracks reports from various states and such. Youtube videos by Chris Matherly who's like the morel whisperer. MQ1 - now need about 10 more that size for a good fry! I sauteed a couple last year in butter with shallots then put on an elk burger....WOW!

02-Apr-19
C R That sounds good. My wife & i will be looking for more for sure.

24-Apr-19

Lost Arra's embedded Photo
Lost Arra's embedded Photo
Things exploded around here in areas I haven't seen in many years.

29-Apr-19
Looks good! I think they were a little later than usual this year. I had just the opposite - areas that had them last year didn't this year. Again, could've been timing. Glad you got to enjoy some.

30-Apr-19
Agree they were later then usual. Good haul Lost Arra!

• Sitka Gear