Mathews Inc.
Turkeys AM trout PM
New York
Contributors to this thread:
Bernie P. 04-Apr-19
Shawlerbrook 04-Apr-19
longbeard 10-Apr-19
04-Apr-19
I'm planning to try some new areas for turkeys in the Adirondaks next month.I want to try fishing some of the ponds and lakes while there as well.Does anybody know where I can find a list of the waters that have been killed off by acid rain so I dont waste time on them?

04-Apr-19
This would be a good starting point not knowing where in the 6 million acres of Adirondacks you will be hunting. https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/101371.html

10-Apr-19
Bernie very interesting comment about acid rain affecting aquatic life in the lakes and ponds of the Adirondack region. I remember when growing up in that area there was a lot of talk about that kind of thing in the 70’s and 80’s. So my question is wouldn’t that be a thing of the past? With all the ecological concerns, including the numerous regulations that were imposed to counter the acid rain affect, from 90’s to present. Wouldn’t the region have cleaned up and corrected itself by now? Shouldn’t there be fish in most every body of water today? Just curious how that would work

• Sitka Gear