Contributors to this thread:
skipmaster1 04-Apr-19
pogo 05-Apr-19
GAFFER1 09-Apr-19
skipmaster1 10-Apr-19
04-Apr-19

skipmaster1's embedded Photo
skipmaster1's embedded Photo
I just got word back from Deerage.com and the buck I killed in November was 5.5.

I had hunted nearly all day the last 3 days with the first 3 days of the following week off for hunting , I decided to stay home with my wife and girls. I wanted to move a stand in the afternoon and Logan, being an awesome wife said I should just sit once I moved it. Well, I didn’t get finished with the set and have my bow pulled up until 3:25. At 3:30 I look over and this massive bodied buck is heading my way. I’m not really ready and he either catches some movement or a little whiff in a wind swirl. He starts to turn to circle downwind and I bring my bow between me and the tree, over to his side as I draw in one motion. He stops and looks my way but the arrow is already gone and it’s a perfect hit. He ran less than 100 yards to his final resting place. It was over in seconds. It has made passing so many yoing bucks this season worth it. The best part was that it was still light enough for the girls to come check it out with me. The buck dressed out at 187#s.

05-Apr-19
Awesome story or your hunt. Congratulations on your buck and for understanding that you are married to an awesome lady.

09-Apr-19
Great buck, great story, thanks for sharing

10-Apr-19
Thanks guys. I’m excited with the age classes I’ve been seeing these last few years.

• Sitka Gear