SteveD 14-Apr-19
Pasquinell 14-Apr-19
xtroutx 14-Apr-19
CaptMike 15-Apr-19
Tweed 15-Apr-19
ground hunter 15-Apr-19
SteveD 15-Apr-19
06-Apr-19
Well who is going? I will be going on Monday night, it may not be a perfect process, but its rare around the country....... What I do not get, is that our county hearings has move again to another location..... I doubt many older guys will know about it......

Not everyone checks in on line with a computer,,,, different days,,,, I remember when it was printed in the paper,,,, I remember at sportsman clubs monthly meetings, an announcement of the meeting location and date was made, and that info came from the county delegates,,,,,,, not anymore,,,, different world

06-Apr-19
I’ll miss it again. I will be at work.

06-Apr-19

Tweed's Link
GroundHunter- you going to the Ozaukee one?

06-Apr-19

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo

06-Apr-19
QUESTION 55: Restore deer tagging requirements in statute (041018, 050418, 060418, 090318, 131618, 160518, 180418, 240418, 270218, 280118, 340118, 350418, 380318, 400118, 440118, 450418, 490218, 560518, 640218, 641018, 660118, 670418) (requires legislation) The state budget that passed in 2017 contained language that removed the requirement to place a carcass tag on a deer after harvest.

07-Apr-19
No Washington county, need to vote,,,, its at Kewaskum High School... another baiting question, maybe that will liven the meeting up... I love it, when something is controversial on the ticket, makes the meeting fun, as long as I have enough M&Ms with me,,,, ha ha

07-Apr-19
I wont make it but luckily this year I can vote online

07-Apr-19
Where do you find the locations? Maybe I'm missing something... I'd like to hit up the sheb county one as the whole proposed holiday hunt after shrinking the metro long season area makes zero common sense there

07-Apr-19
In reference to question 56 in Tweed's post, research shows that CWD prions might accumulate in areas of heavier deer population, like crop fields and food plots, look at the home page photo of this site.

07-Apr-19
Sheboygan County,,,, meeting is posted on the web site as Plymouth High School

07-Apr-19
Holiday hunt and metro seasons are CDAC concerns, not Conservation Congress.

08-Apr-19
In regards to questions 55 & 56 I bet the legislature is shaking in their boots waiting for the CC to weigh in on these issue.

08-Apr-19
well I just got back from my meeting,,, here is it in a nutshell..... the big issue is baiting,,, the consensus is, really I can plant whatever I want, and suck in lots of deer, but my old neighbor, can not put out some apples to hunt over...??????????????????

everyone said, give me a break,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, either make a decision or not, but quit coming back to us, to make that decision

the hot topic was lead bullets,,,, HELLO this has been addressed for waterfowl, but now your telling us non game species are dying on our lands due to lead, from a few guys ting small game and pheasants?

they may said it will not affect target shooting, but no one was buying it,,, can not get at the guns,, so lets go at the ammo...

make hunting legal for 10year olds and up,,,, that was 50/50,,,, when it came to bear tags most thought it was a huge abuse, but the cheap tags, makes the state more money,, that is what that came down too

the p4p proposal, well most said, okay now your going to put a bounty on deer? but you refuse to put a bounty on coyotes, and you will spend another million dollar study on bobcats, but will give out few tags, or make that another money maker, predator control in this state, is a joke

08-Apr-19
cocked crossbows in vehicles,,,,, everyone knew that was a poachers dream,,, geesh your that lazy, you have to have a cocked bow in your car,,,,,,,,,, I was surprised at the anti cross bow sentiment at the meeting

tags on a deer,, that was no problem,, but although not on the question, the public let the WCC know,, do not even think about going back to the old style registrations

The example that was given by Zeug in the Outdoor News, about Randy Stark and others not having the right tags or no tags, which led to confusion????????????

Most guys there thought that these DNR guys have to be idiots, or just plain dumb as a dumpster,,, one guy said, I may be only a janitor, but even I am not that stupid to know I do not have a valid license,,,,, that whole scenario, made the DNR looking really bad and really stupid

09-Apr-19
Couldn't make the meeting last night so went to vote online.

09-Apr-19
Waukesha was down in attendance. About 100 this year. The perennial lefty gal (who wanted to "represent the 90% that do not attend") got 5 votes to 91 for the sportsman. Didn't see RC there, maybe grabbed his ballot and went home. I left after elections.

09-Apr-19
The baiting question keeps coming back because citizens keep introducing resolutions and they keep passing overwhelmingly. The NRB and the legislators have consistently refused to act and have even told the Congress to stop bringing the issue back to them which shows they don't care what citizens want.

09-Apr-19
RC did do it on line due to a conflict of meetings. This is what he had to say about the online process.

"I did use the online version of the questionnaire and can see how easy it will be to scam the online system. I could go back many more times to fill out the questionnaire as it does not require any proof of who you are. It doesn’t even mandate you enter your DNR cust no or any valid proof of who you are. DNR cust number is optional and you can type in any name and address you want. What a dumb setup. "

09-Apr-19
The online input is kept track of independent of the in person input and the system can track input that is coming from the same device and/or IP address.

Many pushed hard to require that a DNR customer ID be required but it was determined that was not legal.

09-Apr-19
Other issues, that were talked about in some length, was for ID on non motorized craft. No one had an issue with it, but most said, they did not want it to result in pay registration, which was not the question....

Personally, if the WCC had worded the resolution more carefully last year, participants would have understood more clearly, that if you hold any type of license, you would not have to pay for any registration,,,,, I think all craft should have ID on it.....

It was also very clear, that everyone thought too much has been taken out of the CP package, and that the bear permit issue, should be brought back in.......

My head count for the meeting was 87 participants

09-Apr-19
^^oh my goodness

More free for all.

(this was a reply for skook)

09-Apr-19
I have no idea what you mean.

09-Apr-19
Lack of accountability when voting or influencing policy.

I wonder how many people voted online multiple times and using various names. Its not hard to get around the IP address thing either.

09-Apr-19
With Act 10 and now online voting. The CC is just a feel good platform that gives the public the thought they have a voice in matters. It’s nothing near what it once was.

09-Apr-19
Id pay for registration on all my non motorized junk if the DNR would give me a number I could etch into it, might cut down on the number of kayaks and other stuff that gets stolen

09-Apr-19
Chief-I think you can get a registration for non-motorized equipment if you choose. I bought a used canoe once that had a registration number on it.

09-Apr-19
the point of the question on the ID was not to have a registration number, but to have the same information, as required on an ice shanty..... lots of boats go unmanned and lost or adrift, etc, for the game wardens and marine units, it would be useful

09-Apr-19
I can see having some registration info on a canoe, kayak, etc. Displaying the registration sticker should be enough, displaying numbers should be optional. If you have more than one canoe etc additional stickers should only cost like $1 each if all are purchased/updated at the same time. Non residents visiting from a state that does not require display of numbers should be exempt for up to 10 (or whatever number) days.

12-Apr-19
Has anyone seen the voting results from Mondays CC meetings.

12-Apr-19
They aren't out yet. They were all sent overnight on Tuesday to Madison and have to be tallied.

12-Apr-19
The vote doesn't matter . Never has , never will.

12-Apr-19
thank you Ruger for speaking the truth,,,,,,, I love the old process, I like the WCC very much,,,,, in the last 8 years we have a administration that runs the state, that did not give a s... about it........................... we have a new administration, that also does not give a s... about it.....

The world has changed and we are all on the outside of it..................

the people fighting the good fight on the WCC.,I will support you as always,, but your spitting into the wind,,,,,,,, MADISON DOES NOT CARE

12-Apr-19
True Mike , & I say it with Sadness not Malace .

The DNR needs a Re-Org & a Leader .

13-Apr-19
I'm more confident in Cole than I was in Stepp. He grew up rural, hunts birds and fishes, has a degree in forestry and served on the NRB.

Maybe an email campaign could get things moving.

13-Apr-19
I like Cole, I wish him well in his job

14-Apr-19
I agree with Tweed. Stepp was nothing but a mouthpiece for Walker. There is no way Cole could be worse.

14-Apr-19
Agree about Stepp also, what a joke and not a funny one at that. Hope Cole can get somethings turned around again.

14-Apr-19
What do you guys want with the new person Preston Cole? More wardens, LEO's , better Forestry our what? Just curious what he may bring to the table. Will the changes he may bring cost me more money?

14-Apr-19
They have done a great job managing the county forest and state land by me for the past 7 or 8 years, I hope it continues. It has made a big improvement for deer habitat, and small game. Helps keep some deer off private land.

15-Apr-19
I echo Pasq’s comments. What do you want done that we do not have? Face it. Our sport includes weapons and killing. Two things that are high priority to emotional thinkers and which have become highly politicized. Add in the mandate that the department must manage everything under their charge for ALL people of the state and there will never be a secretary liked by all.

15-Apr-19
Sustainable and valuable forestry, wetland protections but at the same time protecting trout streams. Continue to monitor animal and habitat carrying capacity and adjust bag limits accordingly. Easier to get bobcat, otter and/or fisher tags in areas with healthy populations. When/if wolf authority comes back to the state create a concrete structure that will allow for management (I'm not for expatriation) and increases in quota. Concrete enough that a future softer DNR head cannot easily undo.

Mike how do you feel about the great lakes fisheries? I know there's been some changes to the stocking program.

15-Apr-19
I also agree, the forestry has done an outstanding job, on state land, and assisting with county and the Feds during their programs.... kudos to them

15-Apr-19
Good points made Tweed.

• Sitka Gear