Mathews Inc.
IRAP Program
Illinois
Contributors to this thread:
awh302 07-Apr-19
LWF 07-Apr-19
07-Apr-19
Does anyone know much information about this program. My neighbor signed his property up for this and I'm a little concerned but I'm not too knowledgeable about it. He signed his property up for youth turkey and archery deer. From what I can tell this means youth hunters can use it during turkey season and archery hunting is good for 2 seasons. The season is from October 1st-15 and then October 15th-31. Is this information correct? I called the owner who is elderly and he signed he could not remember because he signed up for this last year and he couldn't remember.

I along with a couple of the other neighbors are not thrilled with his decision but he can do what he wants. I want to be a little educated about the program in case some people wonder off his land onto mine I know what I'm talking about. Thanks.

07-Apr-19
If he signed up for the youth turkey and archery deer then you are correct -- youth can hunt both weekends and the deer season is split into two seasons 1-15 Oct and 16-31 Oct. You can find more information at this website. https://www.dnr.illinois.gov/conservation/IRAP/Pages/default.aspx

• Sitka Gear