RUGER1022 09-Apr-19
xtroutx 09-Apr-19
Nocturnal 09-Apr-19
Two Feathers 30-Apr-19
longspeak74 02-May-19
RUGER1022 05-May-19
Two Feathers 06-May-19
07-Apr-19
How is everyone's spring scouting going? I am slammed at work and have been out to 2 public spots for a few hours. That was last week and there was still a lot of snow in the woods/swamps here in Chippewa county. Wanted to get down to our land in Pierce county this weekend to prep and move stands for this bow season. That didn't happen as I had to tackle a couple projects here at home. I'll ditch work a few times next week and hit some new public land I have never scouted.

07-Apr-19
I will not be back up in the UP till after the first week of May. Usually May up there is like late March down here, so I can get both scouting and stand work done, and continue to trout fish, best of both worlds....

Down here in SE part, my scouting has been going well, with 3 more natural blinds built, and some new areas found, and others tweaked. Now I am scouting the bluff area of Vernon County, which is the toughest area I ever had to figure out,, which I probably never will.

I have found no sheds, but found 2 xbow bolts, one FMJ arrow, seen one camera, and one ladder stand and talked to a game warden who was out and about, on deer hunting, etc.......

We have had no rain, outstanding slow melt till everything was gone, and the woods have been drying out really nice. Starting to see some turkeys, they are displaying, but I have heard no calling as of yet.....

My wife retired on Friday, so there was activities all day, and yesterday I threw her a surprise party.... I now have half the money and a full time wife,,,,, ha ha ha

07-Apr-19
Good luck with that GH

I'll be in & out of the woods the next 6 weeks. I try to scout & set up ground blinds in the rain . I study the areas to determine what , how many , & how big . I don't use trail cams in my best spots . Too disturbing to the area .

After my blinds are setup I only check the spots once or twice when its raining .

08-Apr-19
I haven't scouted much at all this year. Life and kids have kept my mind everywhere but in the woods. My hunting is going to take a halt too. I decided my job career was not what I really wanted. I left and am now a personal trainer for the time being but, am now pursuing law enforcement. Quite the change from engineering. Hope everyone is doing well though. I'll be taking my oldest son up for the youth hunt. Good luck to everyone getting their kids out too!

08-Apr-19
Noc - Great to hear your pursuing law enforcement. It's a thankless job, but one that is needed by everyone.

08-Apr-19
Good job Noc. Being 47 I have started to really have that "wish I would have" stage career wise. It's good to just do it if you are unsettled in what you are doing. You can always make money doing something. But at least you tried if it doesn't work out. I have no doubt you will do quite well with your work ethic.

08-Apr-19
Its never too late to change . After 18 years of construction management I spent my last 20 years running a new car dealership . If you dislike your career , change it .

I did spend 1 year as a Cop in Milw County . Tough nasty work . No computers or Cell phones then . Scary times . Had several bad times & very close calls .

09-Apr-19
I to am an Engineer in the HVAC field. It is a different world now days in this industry. But, I started when we drew with a lead holder or ink on paper or Mylar. I kept up with the Tech stuff for a long time though, but it seems I don't want anymore lately. Getting tired.

09-Apr-19
Now I need a new truck, but Ruger is retired,,,, dang

09-Apr-19
Retired yes but I can advise anyone on how to buy a new Vehicle & save an extra grand or 2 over & above the normal haggling .

09-Apr-19

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
RUGER1022's embedded Photo
So I'm all pumped about the snow melting so I can scout & shed hunt. I even put the 20 & 30vyard targets out .

Now I hear we have the mother of all storms heading right at us . GEEZ .

09-Apr-19
The only reason we are getting a big storm is because I have to try to get my wife in the car Thurs morning and get to greenbay for a "must be at" wound care appointment.1 hour and15 min drive on a good day. Fighting with her quack dr. here in Crivitz to get more pain meds. They treat everyone like they are an addict. Sorry just needed to vent a little this morning.

09-Apr-19
Thanks guys. I tend to get bored easily when I'm not being challenged. I was going to buy a small engineering company and honestly chickened out. Really made me think hard about what I wanted in life.

30-Apr-19
Scouted some in Oneida county over the weekend. Found one dead deer and got 3 tick bites.

02-May-19
Scouted a bit when my daughter and I set the turkey blind up two weekends ago. Hung cameras and will check this weekend. Will scout another property when we go shroom hunting. If I wasn't working 65 hour weeks, I'd be out more.

05-May-19
After 7 st days of Walleye fishing I'm scouting some big timber today . My favorite big buck spot has a lot of tree damage blocking trails . I'll be dragging branches around all morning . A good workout .

06-May-19
I scout a lot more than I think I do. Almost every evening I take my grandpa putt putt drive and check out my local area at sunset with optics. No shortage of deer.

• Sitka Gear