Zim 21-Apr-19
JRW 22-Apr-19
IW 439 4 Life 22-Apr-19
Highlife 22-Apr-19
Zim 22-Apr-19
Dusktildawn 24-Apr-19
09-Apr-19

Situation's Link
Are you searching for Vending Machines Chicago or surrounding suburbs? Black Diamond Vending is your stop. We provide you with the best equipment and products to meet your needs."

09-Apr-19
Do any of your machines dispense Spam?

10-Apr-19
You are cutting into Zims territory now

10-Apr-19
Indiana spam YUCK!

12-Apr-19
Hehe filed for my homestead exemption Wednesday and coincidentally got my first property tax bill the same day. It actually went down...........to $577/year! Sorry MM & JB, you can continue screwing others for votes & pensions, but I certainly won't be one of them.

12-Apr-19
Smam spam spam spam I am

15-Apr-19
Zim,

Property taxes on mobile homes usually is inexpensive.

15-Apr-19
Anything beats the hell out of the apartment I had to live in ten years because it was not fiscally sound to buy something in Illinois and have two mortgages. Most in Illinois don't even own homes. MM, JB & the state own your homes. You just pay rent to them. We actually own ours. Both the wife and I are ecstatic to live in a great rural neighborhood of 1/2 acre+ lots with no debt and $577 taxes. But am glad to have that IL LL license. We are actually on the road right now in Mount Vernon cashing in on 3 special turkey draw tags in my work area.

16-Apr-19
"Anything beats the hell out of the apartment I had to live in ten years because it was not fiscally sound to buy something in Illinois and have two mortgages. "

Buying a home in IL requires two mortgages? That's news to me. :)

I know people here who paid off their homes in their 30s or 40s, and I know others who will go into retirement with more years left on their mortgages than their natural lives. We all make choices.

17-Apr-19
So do I. And I made my choices, and more than happy with them. I think my favorite satisfaction is knowing I'm not contributing one single penny to overpaid state employees and their bloated pensions, self serving politicians, nor criminal union mob bosses. You know in Indiana we have a 1% maximum property tax cap? This stones any politician that dreams of gaining power via the Madigan method. My tax is actually only 1/2 of 1% of the fair market value. I once owned the largest home in my subdivision. No longer, but by far & away much happier. I don't need that much space, and not interested in heating nor cooling it. These days, in a home selection, I actually value my neighbors and neighborhood quality more than anything else. Because those are two factors you have no control over. Eager to resume my home projects once I conclude business/turkey hunt trip. Hope to make a drive over to Toledo for the spring walleye run as well. Less than 3 hours from the new crib.

17-Apr-19
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

18-Apr-19
Been taking a poll of all the PM's I speak with at each office here in extreme SE Illinois. So far every one of them said they only had one of two things keeping them from jumping the line into IN...........jobs or family. None were happy about their predicament. All of them absolutely hated Madigan & the Democratic machine. Lots of frowns when the tax issue came up.

19-Apr-19
Taxes suck... but Alot of high paying blue collar jobs with Great benefits and pensions. Fantastic food, Great Medical Facilities, plenty of public hunting spots and private hunt/fish clubs to enjoy! Pay off house early, save a bunch of $$, retire young and move South!

19-Apr-19
My Illinois property tax on my house is 2% of fmv. 70 acres of crop/recreational land is less than.5%. I live 30 miles from the Indiana border. Family,friends are more important to me than money. I’m able to walk out the back door and hunt deer and turkeys. That said, I sometimes question why I stay in a state with such corruption at the state level. When J.B. was elected I said watch weapons and wallets. I think that holds true.

19-Apr-19

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Speaking of watching weapons, check out this flyer I saw in the Mount Carmel MPO yesterday. Haha. I'm guessing this might be on some Chicago TV station if it was up there! Haha.

In Indiana I got two state rifle ranges within 15 minutes & 40 minutes of my house. Been to both they are really nice.

19-Apr-19
We have a rifle range & complete 3d archery range at our hunt club 4 miles from my house. I can bring guests for free to shoot, as long as they reside in Illinois. A slight charge for people from Indiana, $250/ hr. Good day!

21-Apr-19
Closest public range from Chicago is 1 1/2 hours (not cheap), and closest state owned range is 5 hours away.

22-Apr-19
"Closest public range from Chicago is 1 1/2 hours (not cheap), and closest state owned range is 5 hours away."

I know a range a lot closer to Chicago that's open to the public for $10/day. :)

22-Apr-19
Can't believe someone would question the Great Zim. He has all the answers , he moved away but won't go away

22-Apr-19
Lol yup

22-Apr-19

Zim's Link
"Can't believe someone would question the Great Zim. He has all the answers , he moved away but won't go away"

You know why that is? ........... Indiana's $1.8 billion dollar state budget surplus is just too boring. Looking at a train wreck is so much more interesting. I can't help it! In addition, I am a stakeholder for life due to my LL. Gotta get my $210 worth.

24-Apr-19
Zim have you stumbled upon any of the thousands of meth labs there in Hoosierville yet? Tread lightly when you do

• Sitka Gear