hookman 13-Apr-19
woodstick 13-Apr-19
babysaph 13-Apr-19
Turk 13-Apr-19
babysaph 13-Apr-19
woodstick 13-Apr-19
Turk 13-Apr-19
12-Apr-19
FYI a bow cannot be used for youth gobbler season . I had a friend call and asked . I just got off the phone with Col. Jenkins and he confirmed it.

That is another thing I will work with them to get fixed for next year for the youth hunt.

12-Apr-19
However , crossbows are legal

niversal Citation: WV Code § 20-2-5g (2015) (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of this code to the contrary, any person lawfully entitled to hunt may hunt with a crossbow during big game firearms season. A person who possesses a valid Class Y permit may also hunt with a crossbow in accordance with section forty-two-w of this article. Further, the director shall designate a separate season for crossbow hunting and identify which species of wildlife may be hunted with a crossbow.

13-Apr-19
Is that stated in the regulations?

13-Apr-19
It’s stated that Shotguns and crossbows are legal

13-Apr-19

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo

13-Apr-19
How this went unnoticed amazazes me!

13-Apr-19
Yeah they put the crossbows in with bow season but will let crossbows hunt in youth season with guns. So screwed up, as normal.

13-Apr-19
Took my son out this morning and got set up on one. We had a little rise behind us. I called it in, but it hung up just out of his range. He either saw us or our decoy and walked off putting. He circled for a while, but i figured he was gone. When I started to get up, he gobbled right behind us. The little guy asked if he should pull his hammer back, but I told him not yet. About a minute later, he popped up 8 yards out behind the rise, strutting. I told him to shoot it, but his gun wasnt cocked. I taught him again, for the second year, that you don't always get one. I think we've got that lesson learned. We saw some more, and heard 3 gobbling so theres still hope next weekend.

13-Apr-19
Would anyone know what the reasoning is for allowing guns and crossbows but not real bows? I bet there are more than one hunter that thinks if you can use crossbows and guns that you can use a real bow.

13-Apr-19
I had a young lady that almost went. She didn’t find out until yesterday that it was not legal. She was heartbroken and actually ended up not even hunting. I hope she has a great day Monday.

13-Apr-19
So she can bow hunt Monday but not today? Unreal.

13-Apr-19
They also can't use a rifle or shot larger than #4 or smaller than #7 1/2. I bought a box of tungsten super shot in #9 before I read that. I can see letting them substitute a xbow for a gun because of the noise and recoil, but I can't understand why they can't use a real bow.

13-Apr-19
Woodstick. They are hopefully going to get the shot size restriction changed to allow the tss 9 shot

• Sitka Gear