Bloodtrail 15-Apr-19
Strapped 15-Apr-19
JackPine Acres 16-Apr-19
ground hunter 16-Apr-19
Nocturnal 16-Apr-19
happygolucky 16-Apr-19
Novice 19-Apr-19
13-Apr-19
Any one got any good memories from today or tomorrow?? My step son is too old this year so we didn't go. Have to wait till next weekend. How are the turkeys acting???

14-Apr-19

Wishedhead's embedded Photo
Wishedhead's embedded Photo
My youngest got his first with a bow hunting solo today. -0 yd head shot. The birds were talkin all day but still grouped up in Winnebago county. He’s gotten 3 stones in his WBH pin in 6 months. At this point he hardly cares if he gun hunts anything anymore. Which is just how I like it??

14-Apr-19
Awesome photo Wishedhead - where's your snow? Congrats!!

14-Apr-19

Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
Bloodtrail's embedded Photo
A friend's 13 year old Grandson and I, choose to brave the cold and snow to take this 23.5 pound Gobbler opening morning a tad after 6:30 AM.

With the heater on HIGH and wind blowing - this ole' boy just couldn't help himself when he spotted the deaks!! I don't know if he or I had more fun!! This young man's very first Gobbler!

He hunted hard last year both youth and during regular season and came up empty handed - his luck took a turn this year!!

14-Apr-19
nice

14-Apr-19
congrats to all, nice pics and birds.

14-Apr-19

grossklw's embedded Photo
grossklw's embedded Photo
Took my 8 year old nephew and he was able to get his first bird. Nothing gobbling out of the roost but this nice 2 year old 22 lb Tom must’ve heard me because we heard one faint gobble at 6:10, and a slow morning turned around quickly. Lots of gobbling, and strutting and took him 15 minutes to cross 300 yards. Heck of a show and the youth 20 gauge killed him just as dead as my 12! First bird, one of my favorite mornings in the woods.

15-Apr-19
Congrats to all the youth hunters! My kids are beyond participating in this hunt but I support it completely.

15-Apr-19
85% of the snow is gone only the big chunks and on the north side of stuff left

15-Apr-19
Congrats to all these kids, their smile says it all.

15-Apr-19
These are very nice!

15-Apr-19

Stycks's embedded Photo
Stycks's embedded Photo
I took out my new buddy Shawn, on his first ever hunt . 1 happy little hunter.

15-Apr-19
Congrats to all, and thank all of you guys for getting them all out, pretty special

15-Apr-19
Awesome pics. And congrats to the youth hunters and the proud mentor's!!!

15-Apr-19

SaltyB's embedded Photo
Big smiles for the sisters!
SaltyB's embedded Photo
Got my non-hunting buddies girls out and they got their first birds this weekend. Great time for all and I was super excited to be a part of it. They are hooked as the Tom's really cooperated.

15-Apr-19

SaltyB's embedded Photo
SaltyB's embedded Photo
SaltyB's embedded Photo
SaltyB's embedded Photo
SaltyB's embedded Photo
SaltyB's embedded Photo
Got my non-hunting buddies girls out and they got their first birds this weekend. Great time for all and I was super excited to be a part of it. They are hooked as the Tom's really cooperated.

15-Apr-19
What a wonderful collection of happy kids!

It would be so nice to have this thread filled with 200 posts of kids involved.

So happy to see the smiles and the memories being made....so cool!

15-Apr-19

Strapped's embedded Photo
Strapped's embedded Photo
Got my 9 year old boy his first bird. He came across the field strutting and gobbling right into the decoys. I will never forget this day, the excitement of the whole hunt is something every proud dad should expierence. Better than any animal I have ever taken.

16-Apr-19
Stycks, Best pic of the bunch for me. My 17yr son was called to heaven this past Dec. and he too was in a wheelchair. Have some great pics of him at a special needs event where he could shoot at a turkey head target. Took all his strength and concentration to get his hand and fingers to work the trigger. We have a video clip from that day and he is all smiles after "harvesting" that tom turkey target.

Bless you for taking this young hunter out for a great adventure and memory.

Make every day count and work to put smiles on the faces of your loved ones. Those days and memories are precious. We miss you Leo!

16-Apr-19
great stuff, I wish though, you guys would put the county you were in, gives a perspective on how the birds are moving around the state

16-Apr-19
No bird for my 9 year old son! We saw a bunch of birds. 5 close calls. 2 missed out opportunities. 1 was 5 yards short of the 20 guage. The other was plenty on range. He was just waiting for the bird to stop long enough to paint a picture. Lots of lessons learned. I'll try and get him up in may. Jackson co public.

Jack pines! My heart truly goes out to you and your family. I sincerely hope you find peace! God bless, brother!

My tag is this week. I'll be back up with my BIL. I'll report and post some pictures in another thread.

16-Apr-19
Wow, great stuff! Congrats to all the kids and kudos to all the parents/mentors. Well done everyone.

19-Apr-19
Congrats to all and a thanks for helping out our hunting future. My hunting buddy is too old now for the youth hunt. So, I went out with my friend and his son. We saw quite a show Saturday morning, but just out of range for the 20 ga. Saw some again Sunday, but those were even further. Shawano county.

• Sitka Gear