swampokie 08-Jun-19
JLeMieux 13-Jun-19
JLeMieux 17-Jul-19
swampokie 17-Jul-19
JLeMieux 17-Jul-19
Quailhunter 18-Jul-19
JLeMieux 17-Nov-19
14-Apr-19
Looks like I'll be hunting OK this year. I was stationed at Altus AFB 20 yrs ago and killed my first ever deer while living there. I'm looking forward to making a few trips back this year. I've hunted KS the last 6 years or so but decided to switch it up this year. Unless I stumble into some private land access, I'll be bow hunting public land. Not sure where yet. The nostalgic side of me says go back to the SW area where it all began, but I know there are plenty of other options. Either way, it's going to be fun.

26-Apr-19
Well oklahoma piblic isn’t as good as Kansas that’s for sure. Haven’t been in the SW part of the state much but feel free to PM me if you are interested in the eastern side. I hunt Kansas as well and am now a resident there

27-Apr-19
MICHAEL MOVED TO KANSAS???

Oklahoma legislature has you now competing with outfitters/guides on our public land.

30-Apr-19
Thanks for the responses guys. I know it won't compare to Ks but it gives me a lot more flexibility in where I can hunt. Plus a shorter drive.

02-May-19
There is public land in Oklahoma that can compare to Kansas its just fewer and farther between. Ive hunted both and there are giants to be had on Oklahoma public land if u do ur homework and stick with it

05-May-19
Thanks swamp. I'm looking forward to it. Going to just get out there and give it a shot.

06-May-19
Hey, Lost Arra (and, others), I am sure that I read yesterday, in the Tulsa World, that Gov. Stitt vetoed the legislation that would have allowed outfitters to take guided hunters out on public land. I knew that I liked that guy!

06-May-19
Just as he does that awesome deed he turns around and pulls commissioner Robbins nomination for another term. The common man / public land hunters strongest voice. A real head scratcher...

06-Jun-19
Hey J! We'll be heading to Oklahoma this year also as we did not get drawn for Kansas either. I did a lot of looking up of harvest reports, P&Y searches and calling around and decided on east central Oklahoma. Like you said, lots of public land to choose from. I'm really looking forward to it.

08-Jun-19
The deer are looking really good on Honobia creek and 3 Rivers this year so far.

08-Jun-19
The deer are looking really good on Honobia creek and 3 Rivers this year so far.

08-Jun-19

13-Jun-19
I'm leaving for Colorado Saturday. We're going to do a little snooping around on the way out there and check a few areas out.

17-Jul-19
Forgot to post when I got back. Looks like you guys have had a ton of rain this year. A lot more water than I'm used to seeing out there.

17-Jul-19
Its been a downright mess since the end of sept last year. Finally slowing down the last 2 weeks Most rain ever from sept-june

17-Jul-19
That should be good for all of the lakes. Not so good for crops this year in the lower areas I imagine. Hopefully it's good for antler growth.

18-Jul-19
A lot of these areas around the lakes in NE OK have been underwater for a prolonged amount of time. Kaw, Keystone, Oologah, Hulah.... all had water 20 to 35 ft above normal for quite awhile. That puts much of the timber around the lakes underwater long enough to affect vegetation.

17-Nov-19
Just got back from my trip to OK. Had a great time and saw a few deer. Really didn't get to hunt as much as I should have because I missed 3 days worth of hunts in the middle for work commitments and had to get back for a wedding on Saturday. I knew all of this prior to leaving and chose to view this as a familiarization/scouting trip. It paid off and answered .y questions on whether not this would be a viable alternative to going to Ks each year. Only saw one good buck from the stand, and of course it was after packing up a little early the last morning. Passed at 20 yds about 30-45 seconds after lowering the bow and dropping the pull rope.

• Sitka Gear