skookumjt 15-Apr-19
longspeak74 15-Apr-19
Bootspit 15-Apr-19
northbound 15-Apr-19
Pasquinell 16-Apr-19
skookumjt 16-Apr-19
Pasquinell 16-Apr-19
15-Apr-19
This is non-bowhunting related, but looking for some information. I train my GSP pup on some public land. It was mentioned to me in passing the other day that after the 15th, she can't be off-leash any longer. I tried finding this in the regs, but haven't located it yet. Anyone know more on this...? Thanks!

15-Apr-19
The dnr website has a section about dog training. Depending on the type of state land many are closed for dog training April 15th to July 31st to protect nesting birds.

15-Apr-19
that is true,,,,, I trained on state land for a long time, but we had designated training areas on state land by my house, I am not sure if that is available in a lot of places

15-Apr-19
I did find the regs on the DNR website and then actually called them for clarification. The person I spoke with had no clue what I was referring to. She'll just get walks on the leash on this land.

15-Apr-19
You could just use the hound hunter excuse. Dogs can't read;) Relax people, I'm just being a smartass.

15-Apr-19
This is my biggest gripe with the DNR....the left hand doesn`t know what the right is doing. I went through this issue with obtaining a 'fur dressers/tanning' license many years ago. You would be shocked how far I had to go to get a final answer and clarification.

We had a guest warden in a trapping class that could not answer trapping enforcement regs in a Refuge area.....lol.

15-Apr-19
Most things can be figured out with a simple search or contacting customer service. I found the rules on dog training in a few seconds on the website. For more complex questions, it just takes asking the right person. I would not expect a customer service person to be familiar with MFL rules, fur dressing, etc. For those I would contact a forester or wildlife supervisor respectively.

15-Apr-19
I didn't think my question was overly complex. I did find the information with a simple search but wanted some clarification from the agency that put forth the information.

15-Apr-19
Like the answer rut!!! That what we hear when there tresspassing on our private land. Just saying

15-Apr-19
So... if you register your dog as a service dog you don't ever need to worry about leash laws. Takes about 5 min online. I did it to be able to shed hunt a park where dogs are not aloud. Seen a few dogs in the past and was informed this was thir way around it. Need the service of him picking them up for me ;) Of course if you play this angle you better be able to keep your dog under control not just running at large

16-Apr-19
All I can say is wow...

16-Apr-19
I hope you are trying to be funny.

16-Apr-19
Yea I was thinking the same thing.

• Sitka Gear