Fudd 15-Apr-19
Mnhunter1980 16-Apr-19
bowguy 15-Jul-19
jjs 16-Jul-19
Animal Killer 09-Aug-19
15-Apr-19

Fudd's embedded Photo
Fudd's embedded Photo
I recently came into possession of a homemade bow, this bow was handmade back in the early 80's so you can consider it one of the earlier compound style bows I guess. The problem I having is finding someone with the knowledge and know-how to re-string it. Does anyone know of or have experience re-stringing the older style compound bows? Thanks for any help!!

15-Apr-19

Fudd's embedded Photo
Fudd's embedded Photo
The full bow...

16-Apr-19
I wish I could help but i know nothing. Try posting on the Wisconsin thread, it is much more active and good guys there too. Very neat looking bow!

15-Jul-19
The beauty of tear drops (on the end of the steel cables on your bow) is that you can put a new string on it in about a minute. I used to sit in a chair, on a stump, etc .. put a foot on the grip > draw it back/up with one hand > position the new string on the teardrops with the other > slowly let down making sure it stays in place on the teardrops > then draw back/up with the new string you just put on > remove the old string. Voila.

16-Jul-19
Fudd, if you go to the Wi. St. bow site I would not have the Viking rug showing, you may be in trouble right at the start. Lived in Wi. for 21 yrs and gold and purple is not on want to show.

09-Aug-19
I own a string building business in south dakota. if you are still looking for info on that bow give me a call. ill be happy to asnwer any questions or concerns. my cell is 507-530-8712 i own Tall Tine Bowstrings and be more than happy to point you in the right direct of someone that can help you.

• Sitka Gear