ohiohunter 17-Apr-19
butcherboy 17-Apr-19
ohiohunter 17-Apr-19
HDE 18-Apr-19
irishmatt18 18-Apr-19
JSW 20-Apr-19
ohiohunter 22-Apr-19
17-Apr-19
Well, finally got my OIL oryx tag. Little did I notice they increased all on range hunts 20tags!! Made my OIL tag seem a whole lot less exclusive.. 40% increase..HOLY CASH grab! Increased tags across the board, mandatory SG license and non refundable stamps. I appreciate the opportunity but at what expense?

Anyways, my hunt is in Dec, but I want to get my ducks in a row early. What kind of documentation is needed to get on the range? I know I need to wear X amount of orange... any minor details appreciated.

17-Apr-19
They will send you everything you need to know.

A standard hunter orange vest is all that is required, unless they changed it and you will see that in the info they send.

Congrats on the tag

17-Apr-19
Awesome, man! I don't know shit about oryx, but looking forward to hearing about it.

17-Apr-19
Thanks guys, I'm anxious to drop the hammer on an oryx. I think these are one of the coolest animals.

17-Apr-19
Congrats! I’ve killed four of them and they are one of my favorite animals to hunt.

17-Apr-19
I’ve only killed one, double broken horn. That hunt literally almost kilt me.

18-Apr-19
I prefer to hunt oryx above all others, including a large muley.

18-Apr-19
I finally drew Oryx again after getting my OIR returning vet OIL. I got BHO on Stallion first hunt in Sept 13-15! Can't wait. Hope to get one!

20-Apr-19
Ohio, I wouldn't be too concerned about 20 more tags. They used to give more tag than that and it was still a great hunt. Tag numbers fluctuate as populations change. That should indicate that the population is on the rise. After orientation, everyone will blast out of there and hit their favorite spot. Don't get too concerned. The oryx are really spread out and you can find them all day long if you sit still and glass. I was with a guy a while back who was a really bad shot and we had 8 or 9 stalks in 2 days before he finally put one down. I'm assuming you are going to hunt with a rifle?

22-Apr-19
JSW, yeah... I have no idea what to expect but everything I've heard coincides w/ what you've said. Hopefully a buddy of mine can go, he's been on range a bunch and knows it well. As long as the wind cooperates I have no problems stretching the legs on my 300winny.

• Sitka Gear