Contributors to this thread:
Strapped 19-Apr-19
Treefarm 19-Apr-19
Mnhunter1980 19-Apr-19
Buck Watcher 20-Apr-19
ground hunter 20-Apr-19
Strapped 21-Apr-19
19-Apr-19
I need to get some new arrows built. I have been researching quite a bit lately and am more confused than when I started. I shoot a Matthew's DXT at 60 lbs with 27 1/2 DL and 125 gr heads. I'm not sure what arrow at what spine and length, if I should be using brass Inserts to get more weight up front. Please get me pointed in the right direction. Also, anyone have any recommendations for a shop to have them built, my shop closed. I'm in Washington co. Thanks in advance for any help.

19-Apr-19
You are right where I am at draw and poundage. I just built FMJ 5mm-400 with 75 grain inserts. With 125 grain head, I am at 495 grains total.

19-Apr-19
My draw length and poundage are the same as yours. I shoot 400 spine with 100 grain head for deer. If I remember correctly I am just over 400 grains.

I made some 2117 aluminum arrows for elk with 150 grain heads and 75 grain inserts, total weight is 650-660 grains. They shoot nice and are quiet but my bow is slow compared to yours. I have to know with in 2-3 yards of my target because of the heavy arrows dropping much faster. 5 yards off and I’m out of the vitals.

20-Apr-19
You will be very happy with:

Made in USA Easton Axis 340 cut 27" with 50 (or 75) gr brass inserts, FlexFletch FFP-360 vanes. Jerry at South Shore Archery builds all my arrows. If I buy the shafts and components and build them myself I save very little $ and he does a better job.

20-Apr-19
go to Ackerville Archery in Slinger,,,,, he is on 175 in Ackerville south of 60. Its a no brainer, go see "Jeep" the owner,,, great bow tech.... sells also Matthews and Hoyts

the guy tunes my bows, and deal with him all the time,,,, the real deal, he is the owner and only guy that works there,,,,,, he hunts alot

21-Apr-19
Thanks for the advise guys, I'll have to check out Ackerville, its probably only 4 miles from my house. I never knew it was there.

• Sitka Gear