Glunker 15-May-19
Glunker 15-May-19
Jtek 17-May-19
20-Apr-19

Novice's embedded Photo
2019 Gobbler
Novice's embedded Photo
2019 Gobbler
Unless I missed something, I don't see a Turkey success thread, other than the youth hunt one? There's gotta be some other successful gobbler hunters out there? I was fortunate to get this one. 10" beard and 1" spurs. Shawano County.

21-Apr-19

CraigL's embedded Photo
CraigL's embedded Photo
Congrats, Novice.

Shawano County. #41 Blacktail Snakebit, Cedar arrows and Magnus Head. He snuck up behind my blind and strutted into my 2 hen decoys for a 3yd shot.

21-Apr-19
My buddy and I doubled up yesterday. One at 8:12 and then mine at 11:26. Both public land. Zone 1 and zone 3 both with a shotgun. So not bowsite worthy. Good luck to everyone out and in the future.

21-Apr-19
Congrats guys. I knew there had to be some gobblers down. Craig L, extra special with traditional equipment. Always enjoy seeing your success photos. Nocturnal, even with a shotgun the bearded beast is a worthy opponent. Fun stuff!

21-Apr-19
Congrats to all so far. Hopefully I’ll have a pic to share Wednesday!

22-Apr-19
Great job to the successful hunters. Show your pics bow or gun. I will be out in zone 4 for 2cnd season. It's starting to look like a great week.

22-Apr-19
congrats Craig. Way to go on your comeback from shoulder surgery!

22-Apr-19

Jtek's embedded Photo
Jtek's embedded Photo
Somehow I managed a clean miss on Thursday on a very easy shot. Redeemed myself on Friday. I think my 12th Tom with bow and arrow.

22-Apr-19
Is there a don't website that has the updated turkey registration numbers. I can't find one.

22-Apr-19
I hate spell check. DNR not don't.

25-Apr-19

Bill J.'s embedded Photo
First Bow Kill
Bill J.'s embedded Photo
First Bow Kill
Had a great season! I decided to use my bow this year for the first time, and I don't think I'll ever go back. Yesterday they were VERY vocal, two toms flew into the field, and one came in only to hang up about 40 yds away. Later in the morning I watched one strut for 2 hours in a pine plantation closing the distance to 30 yds before his hens led him away. This morning, only a few gobbles from the roost then it got quiet. I switched from the field to the pines and called every 5 minutes. It wasn't until I got fairly aggressive with the calling that he answered and closed. Came in spitting and drumming, shot him at 9 yards. What a rush!!

26-Apr-19

Jeffd's embedded Photo
Jeffd's embedded Photo
Jeffd's embedded Photo
Jeffd's embedded Photo
3 Toms have been managing to dodge me the last couple mornings. Finally got one of them this morning around 6:15. My setup is about 100 yards from my house right off my driveway. One Tom was roosted damn near on top of my blind. Luckily it was windy out this morning so I didn't spook him walking in and setting up decoys.

26-Apr-19
Wow some impressive shooting and birds! Congrats to all you GREAT hunters!!

26-Apr-19

Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
Back at it tomorrow lol

27-Apr-19
Great stuff. Bill, it took me 10 years to get one with a bow. Definitely hooked. Just adds a whole nother dynamic. Jtek, that's quick redemption! Normally, I would have to wait another whole season to redeem myself. Been there more times than I care to remember. Reggie, hope you get quick redemption! Nice job Jeff!

15-May-19
Enjoyed a great WI Spring morning. Did not find a morel though. Did see a gobbler, 2 baltimore orioles and a scarlet tanager. The turkey is in the refridgerator.

15-May-19

Glunker's embedded Photo
Glunker's embedded Photo
Got relatively close to the tanager but only had my phone.

17-May-19

Jtek's embedded Photo
Jtek's embedded Photo
I have sinned! I just had try my crossbow out on a tom. Would have been another bow chip shot.

• Sitka Gear