retro 27-Apr-19
Franklin 27-Apr-19
South Farm 29-Apr-19
JRW 29-Apr-19
xtroutx 29-Apr-19
21-Apr-19

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
Scouted some big timber & found 3 stands in this condition , just left to rot . Thats not counting water bottles, pop & beer cans I picked up .

I label anything I leave in the woods but I think. Stuff like this needs permanant markings .

21-Apr-19

Another

21-Apr-19
This is on public land? Sad. Was just out walking today and couldn't believe how much garbage there was alongside the road. How hard is it to hold onto and put in an appropriate trash receptacle?

21-Apr-19
On going problem at our place. TVs, sofas, tires plus countless cans etc. A lot of people have no respect for others.

21-Apr-19
I have picked up a lot of garbage while scouting on public land lately. I have also found more stands left up than I usually do.

21-Apr-19
My boys and I have been filling a bag each time out. People are slobs...

21-Apr-19
TV's, refrigerators, air conditions are hot items to dump because you have to pay to get rid of them the correct way. Sad but true.

22-Apr-19
Nothing worse than seeing garbage in the woods or beer cans lying in the lakes. Our township has a fall clean up where anything but hazardous materials can be dropped off at no charge so this has helped the trash reduction in the forest.

22-Apr-19
After snow melt, drive down any road. The whole state looks like a landfill..... People always say "A few bad eggs". Yeah right.......

22-Apr-19
Yep, the county forest areas around Eau Claire get treated like a dump to the No Class people of the area. Pretty sickening!!! The good thing is, these people generally do not have a lot of intelligence and sometimes leave there mailing address in the pile somewhere.

22-Apr-19
I had someone dump several garbage bags in a small pond next to a town road on my land. Bus driver and neighbor kid on the bus saw them dumping it. Called the sheriff, almost first thing I found in one bag was prescription receipt with a name and address on it. Several bags had diapers in them, totally saturated with the water from the pond. YUCK Deputy said nothing they could do because that still did not 'prove' who dumped it. The guy had a record and yet they couldn't or wouldn't charge him with anything. Just sucks.

22-Apr-19
My pet peeve....those foil helium balloons. I'm east of the twin cities and must be there landing spot. Pickup half dozen every spring shed hunting. When people let them go they should be charged with littering. I know my place is heaven to me but they are not going to heaven.

22-Apr-19
Ava and I were out yesterday and she (5 years old) was really upset at how much litter there was. Even far off the road the wind was just driving garbage deeper and deeper into the woods. Right along the road is just completely disgusting.

22-Apr-19
GBTG I find alot of those foil balloons out in the woods also. And another thing, those paper candle balloon things, I find those all over our lake after the 4th and other holidays. People need to think before they do.

22-Apr-19
When I was with the USFS we often would find trash with some type if ID like something with a mailing address or serial number that traced back to the owner. We were able to successfully cite the individuals in most cases since they are responsible for their property until they can prove otherwise. They would have to prove they dropped it off at a collection center or some form of receipt that they transferred the items to someone else.

Nowadays I find trash out on public land and either pick it up myself or notify proper authorities. Be careful handling trash. You never know when there could be sharps in it or maybe some meth residue.

22-Apr-19
Trash in the woods, or on the lakes, and cigarette butts casually tossed out the car window get my blood boiling!!! It isn't "us vs. them", it's those in our very own ranks, which makes it even worse! Actually, it's society in general...we've evolved into such a bunch of slobs that show little respect for anything or anyone...and it's all about ME ME ME...and to hell with my neighbor.

I say we bring back the chain gangs and anyone on welfare that can walk and bend over, and make 'em pick trash. And raise the fine for littering to $5k on the first offense;)

22-Apr-19
Deer stands of any kind left in the public woods are trash, especially to the non hunting public land enthusiest. The result is a poor image of hunting and hunters in general.

22-Apr-19
When I was a kid you constantly were prea ched to about littering in grade school.

I asked 4 grandkids Sunday & not a single one has heard a word about littering in school . 1 said at sunday school last month the class went for a hike & picked up litter .

22-Apr-19
The neighboring township doesn't have garbage pick up. I find an extra bag of garbage in our can now and then (no problem if I have room). I find much more thrown in the ditch.

22-Apr-19
I was fishing tonite & the 1 mile road to the bay on the River had 16 pieces on Cig packs, drink cups , beer cans ,& energy drink cans . What a joke .

If I ever win Powerball I will give law enforcement 30 mill so they can pick this crap up , run a DNA test & conpare .

Can you imagine these slobs at home & the doorbell rings & the cops drag there littering ass to jail for a $500 fine .

22-Apr-19

Forgot the pic

23-Apr-19
This is a pet peeve of mine too. I think when they catch someone, they should be sentenced to have to live in a landfill amongst the garbage for the duration of their sentence! These people have no respect for the earth.

23-Apr-19
South Farm mentions Cigarette butts, wonder how many on this very site that read this thread are guilty of tossing cigarette butts out the window? I can not figure out why idiots do that. This is the biggest form of littering in the U.S., and they will be there for generations to come because they do not dissolve!

23-Apr-19
all cigarette smokers are slobs, I have never seen one, that does not toss their butts and treat where ever they are like an ash tray......... I remember a time, when that for the most part did not happen..... People actually used the ash trays in their cars.....

23-Apr-19
Konk- when I was a smoker I would ash out the wonder but always but my butts in the tray and would flip out on people that threw them out the window.

That was almost 20 years ago though.

24-Apr-19
Helium balloons suck. I had one hung up in the top of a tree 15 yards from one of my tree stands last year. I end up seeing it every time I look that direction. Hope the weather has yanked it down by now. If not, I will take my tree pruner poles in when I adjust the stand this fall and get it down.

Glad I am not the only one that has had to deal with diapers being tossed in the wrong places. ;-)

24-Apr-19

JRW's embedded Photo
JRW's embedded Photo
This is the property next to ours. See those white blobs? Those are huge piles of trash bags because our neighbors are too lazy to take them to the dump. And this image was from a few years ago. The piles have only grown larger.

Thankfully this is on the far end, and the rows of pines I transplanted several years ago act like a snow fence for escaping trash when the wind blows just right.

We won't even talk about the hillbillies who seem to think the ditch along the road in front of our place is a recycling bin for their beer cans.

27-Apr-19

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo
Up here in northern Bayfield County preparing for this deer season, scouting and shed hunting only to find this torn apart camper scattered off the side of the road. I just don’t get it

27-Apr-19
All the trash is just another glaring example of the disrespect, laziness and overall psychotic state of our society....

27-Apr-19
Some of the properties are so loaded with junk it would be next to impossible to clean up after decades of neglect. I wish the state would be a little more forceful in enforcing cleanup of these "Sanford and Sons" junkyards.

If you find a bag of trash with identifable ingredients, just make sure it gets returned to it`s rightful owner.

29-Apr-19
Here in Burnett County out walking around I find a lot of what I call "meth piles"...the ingredient containers dumped after the dregs of society cook up their sh!t. Kind of wish they'd all just hurry up and O.D. and get it over with so the rest of us can go on living a decent life without 'em.

Anyway, we had one place even worse than the one JRW posted above...I mean it was absolutely horrendous...you couldn't believe anyone could live in such squalor. One day I drove by and there was a "For Sale" sign up, I rolled my eyes and thought who on earth would buy it?!? Well, some guy from Minneapolis bought it for a song, bulldozed EVERTYTHING into a pile and hauled it away. I drive by now and the place is so pretty I have to applaud the guy for seeing the potential in that property and having the fortitude to spruce it up...maybe there's hope for this area after all!

29-Apr-19
I remember one of the little woodlots I used to hunt in Columbia County. It was only about 7 acres or so, behind the house my father used to own. The place was owned by his neighbor at the time, a nice single lady who struggled from time to time. In addition to the regular help my dad and I would give her, I spent a lot of time cleaning up decades of old farm dump trash in her woods. The place was pretty nice too until her elderly uncle decided to treat his boredom by trapping and killing pretty much anything he could coax into one of many box traps. The worst part (aside from trapping out of season and no doubt without a license, was that he thought nothing of leaving all his trash behind...plastic grocery bags, peanut butter tubs, pieces of wire etc.

Some people honestly just don't get it.

29-Apr-19
By me its beer cans and bottles from the weekend worriors. They throw them out the window driving from bar to bar or from their cooler. I wish wisc. had a deposit fee like mich. has. It wouldn't eliminate it, but, it would help.

• Sitka Gear