Cootswatter 31-May-19
Dirty D 31-May-19
jordanathome 31-May-19
Jims 31-May-19
Sniff 04-Jun-19
lov2hnt 05-Jun-19
Z Barebow 06-Jun-19
23-Apr-19
Am I really going to drop $750 on a day pack? Am I nuts? I mean it was nice and did fit well.

23-Apr-19
I love Aaron's podcast but like... No on the $750 day-pack..Love the ti-pi though

24-Apr-19
For me it was the last pack Ill buy. Quality is there as well as customer service. Wife wasn't happy lol of course off the day it arrived!!! That's been only downfall for me!! Handles loads great fits me great, but I totally get what your saying its steep.

Mike

24-Apr-19
Every single person I know that have one and that's a fair amount, felt the same way. And once they bought it, their only regret was not buying it sooner! And if you don't like it, the resell value approaches 90% if you sell it in late July or August.

24-Apr-19
My first Kifaru pack was bought in June 1998. It's still darn comfortable and good as new after hauling out a lot of elk quarters. I have several more....worth every penny.

24-Apr-19
Link?

24-Apr-19
kifaru.net

24-Apr-19
bad karma, I own several Kifaru packs so the website was the first place I checked. My question was to the OP, asking for a link to the specific 750.00 day pack he cited. Didn't find any Kifaru day-pack for more than 300-ish dollars.

If someone would be so bold as to post the name of the particular pack in question, that might clear it up!

24-Apr-19
I gotta say I spent years thinking y’all were absolutely nuts with what ya spend on packs, bout a year ago I got a cheap OLD kifaru and understood instantly on my first training hike. Took advantage of the Christmas sale and bought a brand new larger setup this winter worth every penny and then some!

24-Apr-19
Sticksender- Sorry, I meant frame and pack combined. Shipping and tax actually a little more that 750.

24-Apr-19
I mean why not? Everything else is out of control. You spend 2k on Binos, 3k on a bow plus accessories, 75k on a truck, and 250 dollars on a pair of pants!

24-Apr-19
I have several from Kifaru, can't go wrong!

26-Apr-19
Buy once cry once

Can always find a used one for a cheaper price

They are worth it in my opinion

26-Apr-19
That "buy once, cry once" is bullshot! I've bought like twenty times now, maybe more counting swag, t-shirts, sleeping bags etc!

26-Apr-19
Well, seems like all of you are in the, solid product and worth it group. Works for me...just a little painful. Thank you.

26-Apr-19

Adventurewriter's embedded Photo
Adventurewriter's embedded Photo
Old school baby

26-Apr-19
Welcome to the Kifaru family

26-Apr-19
No one has answered sticksenders question. What combo of pack and frame did you order? Lots to choose from...

29-Apr-19

CO Oak's Link
There is a Kifaru pack in the RMBS live auction available for bidding right now at the link above. It certainly will sell for less than retail. Great packs!

29-Apr-19
I’m running the same pack that’s on auction from the RMBS, except I paid a little over 4 times as much with accessories during the Christmas sale.

30-Apr-19
Initiative 79

31-May-19
People would pay $2000 for a pack if they thought it would make packing out an elk easier. Suckers

31-May-19
I'm almost embarrassed to admit I'm on the Kifaru bandwagon. One, I'm a fairly frugal mo-fo and the thought of spending so much on a pack was was pretty painful. But since purchasing my first pack/frame (maybe six ago) , I'm now going back for another pack (better suited for hauling turkey blinds/decoys and such). I used to use another popular pack company (starts with B & ends with lands) and I had they're warranty/repair guy on speed dial, seriously... Great customer service but when your 5-miles from the truck and you hoist your meat laden pack onto your back and go to buckle your hip belt and the buckle snaps, great customer service only goes so far. I'd always think of a line from Tommy Boy when a buckle or stay snapped way too far from the truck. "Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."

Since I've been running my Kifaru pack (which I've absolutely abused) I've had zero issues. To me it's worth the piece of mind. Also love the American made aspect.

31-May-19
I learned with my rain gear.....quality costs and you get what you pay for if you are careful whom you buy from. If I can't afford it I use what I have until I can. Needless to say....no Kifaru for me yet. LOL

31-May-19
I pretty much went through my hunting and fishing gear a few years ago and sold items I no longer use on Craigslist and elsewhere. I had enough cash that I was able to update quite a bit of my gear. I bought an almost new pack and frame off Rokslide's classified adds for almost 1/2 price as well as a number of other items. I was certainly glad that I updated!

04-Jun-19
I'm currently saving up for a pack and frame. I went in to the store and tried the frame on and the packs just look amazing. Every thing you read is saying its so expensive, but everyone also says the customer service is top of the line and that the packs are worth it. Here's my issue. And I mean this as more humor than anything. So I go in to look and decide that I will save up the cheddar and get one at the end of this year or beginning of next. I go home with a water bottle, tshirt and sticker. I'm getting the whole "How much!?" business from the lady... Then I explain the customer service and the fact that everything is made here in the US. Down to the buckles and straps. Then my kid being the smart ass grabs my new shirt and says...Made in China. Not a huge deal to me, but if you are priding yourself on being made in the USA, find a shirt supplier and go all the way, I'd gladly pay the extra to support them and a local company. Now I have to hear from the family "Made in China" everytime I weat the shirt...

05-Jun-19
I just picked up my Kifaru 44mag last week!! 830.00 I hope to make it a bloody mess this fall!! Now just to clairify i also had to get the light frame and a few pockets as well. Qty Product Unit Price Ext Price Status 1 44 Mag (4,400 ci / 72 L Bag only) 44 Mag (4,400 ci / 72 L Bag only) Color: Coyote Brown $284.00 $284.00 Not Ready 1 Duplex Lite/Ultralite Frames Duplex Lite/Ultralite Frames Duplex Lite/Ultralight: Duplex Frame Lite 1/8"; Frame Length: 26"; Shoulder Strap Length: Long (18" Torso or longer); Belt Size: Medium (34" - 38" waist); Belt/Shoulder Strap Color: Coyote Brown (Height: 6'2"; Weight: 220; Waist Size: 38; Inseam: 36; Back Profile: Normal) $350.00 $350.00 Not Ready 1 Sherman Pocket Sherman Pocket Color: Multicam $100.00 $100.00 Not Ready 1 Belt Pouch Belt Pouch Color Choice: Multicam; Size: Small $35.00 $35.00 Not Ready Subtotal $769.00

Sales Tax $61.54 ORDER TOTAL $830.54

06-Jun-19
lov2hnt- In 2 years when you want to upgrade, I will take that pack off of your hands for $350! (Price discount due to blood stains!)

• Sitka Gear