sbschindler 30-Apr-19
Scrappy 02-May-19
Larry 05-May-19
Straight Arrow 05-May-19
Straight Arrow 05-May-19
Eric Lechleitner 07-May-19
ROUGHCOUNTRY 07-May-19
24-Apr-19
Haven’t seen much discussion on this in the media. Reading bear regs looks like evidence needs to accompany carcass but need not remain attached. Understand this to apply to all species.

24-Apr-19

cubdrvr's embedded Photo
cubdrvr's embedded Photo

24-Apr-19
I like that especially on either sex tags. Being able to bag the "evidence" and keep it separate but "accompanied" is much better.

Way to go FWP!

24-Apr-19
Thanks for pointing that out Cub. Had no clue. Good rule change!

24-Apr-19

cubdrvr's Link
I stumbled onto it while looking for bear info. Yes it was a bad rule imo.

29-Apr-19
I cant read the attached picture above, does the antlers count as proof of sex?

29-Apr-19
I think that is the same as always Kevin. As long as the animal is in one piece. This change applies when one starts removing quarters; now you can have a zip loc bag with nuts, vulva, or mammaries and be legal. Before these had to remain attached to one quarter.

29-Apr-19
I got it straight from the head warden Dave Lowen, balls do not have to be attached and antlers attached or not count as well

29-Apr-19
Thanks Steve. If they let one of us write the regs instead of a lawyer we wouldn’t always have to ask for interpretation lol.

30-Apr-19
I agree 100% Rod

02-May-19
Thanks for the info guys, now to just find an elk with the appropriate head gear.

05-May-19
Watch out next year. I don't know if the legislature addressed this but they discovered that the law didn't allow them to require proof to be attached. I don't know if a bill made it through to change it back.

05-May-19
"I don't know if the legislature addressed this but they discovered that the law didn't allow them to require proof to be attached." 'Don't believe this FWP policy requires legislative action either way. Anyhow it seems the regs allow for separate transport in a plastic bag or whatever. Let's not muddy the waters by questioning whether it's codified in state law.

05-May-19
BTW, I could not find any introduced bills pertaining to proof of sex. There were many unintroduced bills pertaining to "generally revising fish & game laws", so don't know if it was included or not. Anyhow, the change to no longer require me to keep proof of sex organs, hair and hide on my antelope meat is welcome.

07-May-19
This code is from 2015 the law has not changed only how it is worded in the regulation so depending on the game warden you may still loose your animal if you do not leave it attached .

87-6-406. Unlawful destruction of evidence of sex. (1) A person who kills a big game animal in this state may not destroy evidence of the sex of the big game animal so as to make the determination of the sex of the big game animal uncertain. (2) A person convicted of a violation of this section shall be fined not less than $50 or more than $1,000 or be imprisoned in the county detention center for not more than 6 months, or both. In addition, the person, upon conviction or forfeiture of bond or bail, may be subject to forfeiture of any current hunting, fishing, or trapping license issued by this state and the privilege to hunt, fish, or trap in this state or to use state lands, as defined in 77-1-101, for recreational purposes for a period of time set by the court.

History: En. Sec. 38, Ch. 258, L. 2011.

07-May-19

29-Apr-19

Private Reply

"I got it straight from the head warden Dave Lowen, balls do not have to be attached and antlers attached or not count as well "

Hey, Steve got us all a get out of jail free card:)

• Sitka Gear