Glunt@work 25-Apr-19
Stix 25-Apr-19
24-Apr-19

cnelk's Link
See link for the PRELIM 2019 Big Game license allocations - Summary

24-Apr-19
12% increase in moose tags..... That should make 56 more people happy

24-Apr-19
Something very, very interesting here! Look at the population estimates for Eagle County and tell me why bow hunters got hosed over ES licenses???????? WTH!!!!

24-Apr-19
So in the SW they have this elk calf survival problem so they reduced rifle permits in limited units about 9%. But archery permits were reduced 23% cause we know archery hunters are so much better at killing elk..... Am I reading this right???

24-Apr-19
Treeline, they got our support for the fee increase, and they severely limited archery elk hunting licenses with bull only BEFORE the population estimates were published. CPW is on an outright attack on archery.

Another point to write the governor about.

The funny part is that bowhunters are still taking the "high road" and being "respectful" to these CLOWNS.

I guess getting bent over and @$#! starts to feel good after awhile.

25-Apr-19
Stix, I understand your anger. But seriously, what will we gain by being disrespectful, pushy, and difficult to work with? Will that approach make them more amenable to our demands?

I dont know the answer, but honestly, bowhunters aren't exactly working from a position of strength here.

25-Apr-19
Rifle cow tags have been decreased in the SW for a quite a few years. Many of the units with low cow/calf ratios currently have unlimited E/S archery elk tags. That spreadsheet is herd level, the GMU level file will come out soon. Appreciate everyones insight when the next level of detail arrives.

25-Apr-19
All cow tags in E-16 were cut way back. Bowhunting getting cut won't really do anything to be a fix because we weren't the problem. But, when you cut rifle cow tags back severely and bowhunters still can buy either sex tags it creates a people issue. Our take of cows (I think 30 something in all 4 units total from a herd of 6000+ elk) didn't matter as much as what people saw as an inequity of opportunity.

It will be interesting to see if we get either sex tags back if the herd goes over objective or hovers near the max for a few years.

25-Apr-19
To have a respectable partnership the parties involved have to be respectful towards each other. Seems pretty one-sided. You have to call it the way you see it. The days of the western gentlemen's agreement with a handshake is over with CPW.

• Sitka Gear