Contributors to this thread:
kent 25-Apr-19
Swampbuck 25-Apr-19
Swampbuck 25-Apr-19
kent 25-Apr-19
kent 26-Apr-19
Swampbuck 26-Apr-19
25-Apr-19
Hello all, New to the state from CT. just wondering how you all feel about the new bag limit on deer??--Thanks Kent

25-Apr-19
Thought I read it was changed to 5 deer all seasons combined. I don’t have a problem with that. 5 deer per person is plenty, especially when it comes to public land. Just my 2 cents

25-Apr-19
I always take a doe early just to get meat in the freezer. We have certain bucks we target, letting the young ones walk. Usually there are 5 to 6 nice bucks we hunt. We only bow hunt, so when gun season starts we have a good size sanctuary for deer. If we really want to let an arrow fly, we have NO shortage of hogs

25-Apr-19
Mine as well, Back in CT we could take 4 with the bow and 2 with the rifle or shotgun, then another with the ML. I agree 5 deer is plenty. Just curious how many here feel otherwise and how many they would take in a year--Kent

26-Apr-19
Swamp what zone do you hunt. I'm new to Bay County in zone D

26-Apr-19
I’m in C, Levy County. I grew up hunting SE FL. Couldn’t take the crowds anymore. Bought a small property that butts up to my best friends land. He retired there 2 years ago so he keeps an eye on my place and has time for habitat improvements full time.

• Sitka Gear