Windmill 26-Apr-19
Boatman71 01-May-19
Windmill 01-May-19
t-roy 02-May-19
t-roy 09-May-19
t-roy 18-May-19
Windmill 19-May-19
26-Apr-19
I know it may be a week or more early, but I will be staying in Clear Lake for remainder of year. What is everyone thoughts, opinions on the upcoming morel season. And some public land areas around there you would point a guy towards. Maybe even 2 hour radius from around there. Thanks and appreciate any ideas and comments.

26-Apr-19
Been a bit dry here, but we’re suppose to get some moisture this weekend and into next week. Still a bit on the cool side for them to start popping up where I’m at, IMO (1 1/2hrs south of Clear Lake). Brushy Creek and Boone Forks WMAs are both less than 2 hrs from Clear Lake. Lots of timber ground on both places to hunt em. Good luck!

26-Apr-19
Thanks t-toy, I worked all winter down just east of Montezuma, nice area for sure.

01-May-19
Found 42 Grays last weekend in Mahaska Co.

01-May-19
Good find boatman. I am wondering this weekend may be good, ground may warm up slowly but surely. Might go around here on some public land and see what turns up.

02-May-19
A buddy and his kids found a few greys down in southern Iowa this afternoon.

09-May-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
My dad found a nice patch today about an hour NW of Des Moines. With all the recent rain and warmer temps coming this weekend, they should be popping up all over.

18-May-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Found another batch today.

19-May-19
Nice find. I am working near Montezuma the next 2 weeks, then back up to clear lake. Fished the lake up there few times from the banks, nice fishery. Gonna bring a boat back after Memorial Day an try it from boat. Iowa truly seems to be a very welcoming oudoor state compared to Illinois. I’ve been there for work since December stayed on ponderosa lake til March then moved up to clear lake end of April, and absolutely enjoy both areas. Trying to talk the wife into abandoning Illinois and relocating.

• Sitka Gear