Oryx35 26-Apr-19
Barrera 26-Apr-19
Oryx35 26-Apr-19
Habitat 30-Apr-19
Flyfishfreak 01-May-19
Pop-r 01-May-19
Oryx35 01-May-19
26-Apr-19
Not looking for spots or Secrets just some tips and guidance. I got drawn archer antalope for 16. About half of everyone I have talked to has told me to sit in a ground blind by water the other half say use a decoy and spot and stalk. And one guy said tie a peice of white cloth on a fence and wait by that. What methods have y’all used to help you fill a tag? This is my first pronghorn hunt.

26-Apr-19
If I had that tag I would start out sitting water assuming the weather is dry. I haven't had great luck with decoys, but it is probably worth having one available in case it's wet...and the Gila often is wet. That unit holds some giant antelope. My buddy killed a B&C antelope down there with a rifle in 2016.

26-Apr-19
I finally drew my 1st antelope tag and ever and also archery. I cant wait as this seems like a oil hunt for me lol. Not sure if flagging goats is legal so might want to call gnf or someone on here might know the answer. Since it's taking me 12 yrs I'll be trying all the above sitting water, using cow stalker and antelope stalker. Cant wait and good luck. Heard you need to get good out to 200yds. JK ;)

26-Apr-19
I've read the proclamation front to back multiple times and never seen anything about flagging. I think you're good to go if that's a technique you want to try. It's basically just a simple decoy.

26-Apr-19
Barrera no kidding it’s going to be tuff to get within kill range I imagine I’ll be doing a lot of crawling haha good luck to you as well

30-Apr-19
It used to be in there and was illegal

01-May-19
Archery antelope hunt 2018~ became the funnest most frustrating hunt I've ever experienced...You can hunt water , if there isn't water everywhere because monsoon season hits all different times from late July thru August...Was the case for me, set up two blinds at two tanks, keep in mind I was on 31000 acres with wind mills all over as I was on a true beef operation ranch..so it was a roll of the dice if they would come in to either of mine or my dads blinds....BUT I did get a predator doe decoy that straps onto my bow and all I can say is WOW what a differance....This decoy made my hunt such an amazing hunt(see my opening sentance).....If I killed a buck , it was only because it died of laughter at me, I could not hit a damned thing, I was on night 3 looking online where I could get more broad heads as I was down to a couple and my shooting ability I had zero confidence in..I have killed many big game animals throughout the years and only lost 1 elk in 1998 to a very poor shot I made with the elk facing me ....So I wasn't just launching arrows wrecklessly....I just plum got buck fever and couldn't make the shot, any of them.....But it was the time of my life and looking forward to redemption 2019....Best of luck..

01-May-19
Antelope decoy as easily or easily than turkeys. I don't personally have alot of experience but I have a good friend who does & the guy that taught him has killed a van trailer full of them using decoys!

01-May-19
Habitat, that's pretty crazy...learn something new every day.

• Sitka Gear