swampokie 26-Apr-19
WapitiBob 26-Apr-19
HDE 27-Apr-19
ohiohunter 27-Apr-19
butcherboy 27-Apr-19
Red Sparky 29-Apr-19
26-Apr-19

Loon's Link
Interesting article, I think I have seen similar in the past but this one is by far the most comprehensive. A real shame

http://nmwildlife.org/news/analysis-finds-new-mexico-game-fish-routinely-shorts-resident-hunters-game-tags/

26-Apr-19
$ $ $ $... $160 vs $3,173

26-Apr-19
Very well written article and spot on. We need to get involved immediately with the new Game Commission.

26-Apr-19
Carl, it seems that no matter how much anyone has been involved, nothing ever changes around here. You're preaching to the choir here on Bowsite. Now with a new corrupt governor, I expect it will only get worse. I would venture to say that no one here voted for her in the first place.

On top of that, the NMWF has how many members? And hasn't been able to make key changes happen? Partially because of recruitment on their part because of liberal points of view.

I hope that changes with Jesse heading things up over there.

26-Apr-19
Ohio hunter said it all. 3173$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ nm bighorns poop gold

26-Apr-19
Id guess it might take about 60 seconds to correctly allocate those tags. A few more minutes to lay out the graphics for inclusion into the regulations booklet.

Wyoming has had an allocation problem on occasion because of the early nr draw. It didn’t take too much discussion to get it fixed..

27-Apr-19
90/10 split between resident and non-resident is where most states lie. NM shouldn't be any different. We'll see if trophyhill's governor (tongue in cheek) can do the right thing and appoint a GC that has not only hunter's in mind but proper game management as well.

As I've said before, a good outfitter would not have any problems booking hunts if they were a good outfitter. The bad ones would naturally be weeded out by the competitive market...

27-Apr-19
Does NM auction off any tags? $3k would be a drop in the bucket compared to what they could get at auction.

27-Apr-19
Yep. The state auctions off tags every year. Mule deer, elk, antelope, RM bighorn and desert as well as a 4 species hunt. The desert went for about $270k a few years ago at the WSF in Vegas

29-Apr-19
The tags they auction are "enhancement hunts" and not part of the draw quota. My question is the "premium" statewide deer and elk hunts, DER-1-700 and ELK-1-700. There is only one tag for each hunt code and it is issued through the draw and quotas apply. I have no problem having those hunts, especially since they are honoring department employees killed while working. It makes no sense to me to have quotas apply on only one tag.

• Sitka Gear