Jeff in MN 03-Jun-19
Live2hunt 04-Jun-19
Tomas 04-Jun-19
Treefarm 05-Jun-19
Chief2 06-Jun-19
Jeff in MN 06-Jun-19
Treefarm 06-Jun-19
26-Apr-19
I know its not bowhunting but is anyone finding mushrooms yet?

26-Apr-19
Calendar says it is time, going looking after the weekend snow melts

26-Apr-19
I seem to try every year prior to the lilac bloom. Every year, I find 0 till the lilac's bloom. Morel!! of the story, I wait till the lilac's bloom.

26-Apr-19
Live2hunt x2

26-Apr-19
For the non lilac lovers, when is that? Lol

26-Apr-19
When the oak leaves are the size of squirrel ears.

26-Apr-19
Gee thanks, Skook LMAO

26-Apr-19
They bloom mid May.

26-Apr-19

Treefarm's Link
Map

26-Apr-19
Usually around Mothers Day is good for me! Fond du lac County

27-Apr-19

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Pete-pec's embedded Photo
I love the timelines. I've found them as early as April 8th in southern Wisconsin. It has to do with ground warmth more than anything. There will be earlier mushrooms depending on sun exposure and day (and more importantly) nighttime temperatures. Big mature yellow mushrooms (morchella esculenta) are just greys missed by hunters earlier in the season. There is one other shroom here that pops up earlier, and does not grow very large. These little guys are called vulgaris, but most commonly, they are just yellows at different stages in their lifespan. Where I hunt, I follow the Dutch elm disease and mossy covered open soil with partly shaded sunlight for best results. The moss I believe catches the previous year's spores. This clump here, is where I placed a mature yellow on top of the moss, and is in my opinion proof that you can "seed" an area, and I've done it several times since. I used to be obsessed with them lol. Not so much any longer. I'll buy portabellas and be as content lol.

27-Apr-19
Don't forget to put them in nothing but open mesh bags while carrying them around in the woods. And yes if you have dead elms around shake the bag a little extra when under one.

27-Apr-19
X2 Pete.....the soil temp is the key for me. You can find some early where the sun hits a south facing slope in a break in the tress, for instance. I hit those spots early but usually wait for perfect conditions.

Most shroomers go to the same spots as they usually produce like clockwork. Not a whole lot of "hunting" going on.

27-Apr-19
Chief, I have been in the woods pretty much all week in Pierce. I haven't found one yet, pretty early though. If they are heavy in our valley this year I will give you a call and you can come pick your fill.

28-Apr-19
Much appreciated Rut I don't need to many just me and the boy eat em

28-Apr-19
You know Morel season is two weeks out right the grounds only 56°. County do that the high county is only 71 so what are you thinking

29-Apr-19
Yup like Pete-pec says. be sure to look under dead elm trees.

07-May-19

Jeff in MN's Link
I subscribe to the Michigan DNR emails and found this article on Mushrooms. What surprised me is that they say that Morels can be found in areas that had prescribed burns the previous years. First I have heard of that.

07-May-19
Jeff, I know out in the western states when there is a burn, people flock out there for morel picking. Supposedly they do well. I know guys who find all there morels early in aspen cuts. I had a great picking area but it dried up a few years ago. Need to find more area's.

07-May-19
Went out for a few hours on Sunday in pierce didn't find any, i don't think the ground is quite warm enough here yet

07-May-19
If you really want to get dialed in go to "Morels.com" and hit the Wisconsin board. They have people there giving you up to the minute reporting around the state. It`s like a religion over there...lol

08-May-19
Franklin thanks I checked that out, those folks are serious mushroom fanatics

11-May-19
Checked a few trees this morning, yet to see a morel.

11-May-19
Found a few handfuls east portage county

16-May-19
Still nothing in pierce I've seen a few maps that show folks finding some little ones around me. Camping this weekend hoping to luck into a few

20-May-19
Was out today, 2 couples, th ook a long time to find the first 3 mushrooms but we stayed with it. Started to find more with some over ripe. The we found 2 great spots on the way out with large golden mushrooms in peak condition that ended up being 40% of out harvest.

20-May-19
I went out today and found 0 :-(

21-May-19

Glunker's embedded Photo
Glunker's embedded Photo
Giant farm eggs, marinated turkey tenderloins sliced thin, morel mushrooms sauted in cream.

21-May-19
Go ahead Glunker, rub it in that you found some!!!

21-May-19
Glunker what county did you find those in I feel like pierce got missed by the morel gods this year

21-May-19
I think we are behind in some spots. My “go to” spots I’ve found zero. Other random spots I’ve check while scouting I’ve found a few. From Milwaukee to Stevens Point.

21-May-19
Keep in mind the Pheasant Backs (Dryads) are popping right now also. That is another nice wild mushroom I like to pick along with Morels.

23-May-19

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Columbia county couple days ago.

25-May-19
I am now convinced that morels are a myth. I went out to look for them today again, forthe third time and came up with nothing

25-May-19

thecanadian's embedded Photo
thecanadian's embedded Photo
I did find these guys though

25-May-19
Canadian, appears you have found out there are no morels, it is just like the old snipe hunt game, fool them for as long as you can. But who has the most ticks wins.

26-May-19
I don`t care if the mushroom was made of gold....nothing is worth that. That`s creepy.

26-May-19

Wi Bowyer's embedded Photo
Washington County 5/25/19

26-May-19
Glunker: thanks for telling me the truth. I will stop wondering the woods like a crazy person looking for somthing that does not exist. WI Bowyer: That is CLEARLY photo shop. Everyone knows there are not that many snipe/morels in one area

26-May-19
My spots in Pierce and Chippewa counties that are usually good have ZERO. These are on private land no one has been on.

26-May-19

More this morning

27-May-19
I've been having the same results as Rut, in Dunn Co.

28-May-19

gurt_orchard's embedded Photo
gurt_orchard's embedded Photo
Been doing well in Rochester MN this past week. 5# Saturday and 1# daily through today.

30-May-19
Still haven't found any myself but my dad found 10 good sized ones in his yard yesterday and gave them to me so that's a win in my book

30-May-19
Finally found some in Dunn Co today. Mostly greys, but good size to them.

30-May-19
Cooked my first pheasant back mushroom today was was pleasantly surprised. Sliced ar 1/16", sauted in butter, added a little Lowry's salt. Will be looking for more. Best tip I read was to make sure the underside had the small pores which later open up to a coarse size.

31-May-19
I didn't find any this spring, but I didn't look much either. My turkey hunting time suffered big time also. Damn work gets in the way. But I'm banking a lot of hours for bow season.

01-Jun-19
Anyone save 1 to innoculate their yard?

01-Jun-19
Still had people find a decent amount in Spring Green area yesterday. There is still some around if you look. I found a couple pounds last Sunday. It was a pretty solid year.

01-Jun-19

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Neighbor called about a bunch of morels on the side of his driveway. Sure enough right under 2 dead elms, one of which I cut down for him last summer but the trunk is still laying there with the bark mostly still on and right next to the morels. The other elm I cut a large dead side branch off but the rest of the tree was still alive, the whole tree is dead now. He has a chain saw but won't run one so I generally do that for him. I will discourage him from cutting it down for a while. He has other trees that need to come down anyway.

03-Jun-19
Camp, I'd ask where in Tusk County, but first I have to find out where the hell Tusk County is?, lol.

03-Jun-19
L2H, Camp2 is just using some 'smoke screen' to keep us from finding his honey hole.

04-Jun-19
LOL, people get pretty guarded on there morel spots. I had a great spot that I would pick a hundred or more a year. Now it just dried up. They grow where they grow whey they want to grow. Hateful tasty morsels.

04-Jun-19
Found my first morel at the Chippewa shoot and cooked it up. Best mushroom ever, now I know what all the fuss is about.

05-Jun-19

Treefarm's embedded Photo
Some bigger than pop cans!
Some bigger than pop cans!
Found some tonight while picking/bagging garlic mustard. Finally getting paid for my neighborly gesture.

06-Jun-19
Those are some huge mushrooms treefarm!

06-Jun-19
The two large ones in the left end of the left side dish probably are morels but they are not even shaped like a morel.

06-Jun-19

For size comparison
For size comparison

• Sitka Gear