Barrera 30-Apr-19
Mist-a-hog 03-Jun-19
Barrera 22-Jul-19
Barrera 22-Jul-19
Mist-a-hog 24-Jul-19
Barrera 31-Jul-19
Barrera 21-Aug-19
27-Apr-19
Hey guys. I didn't draw in Wyoming but finally drew my 1st goat tag in NM after 12 yrs and its archery. Thought I'd get good insight from the all you Wyoming hunters. Going to be putting 100% effort into this hunt and main goal is to harvest my 1st goat no matter the size even though I know this is a trophy unit. Would just like to hear what tactics or secret tricks ;) has worked best for you guys. Hear they're curious. Anyways I'm open to ideas. This is a DIY public land hunt.

27-Apr-19
Spot & stalk is fun, but for me, nothing increases the odds of success more than a blind on a waterhole. Only caveat is, rainy weather can screw things up in a hurry.

27-Apr-19
I'll second the water. If you can find a small isolated water hole in dry county with good antelope numbers, and if you can set it up ahead of time and possibly even conceal it, you are all but golden...

27-Apr-19
Thanks. I've been locating every water source I can find and mapping them. Then plan to a glassing spot and hopefully pattern some.

28-Apr-19
On my NM antelope hunt I found out they will jump fences down there, otherwise a fence crossing is sometimes a great place to catch one changing pastures.

30-Apr-19
Thanks for all input. I found more water tanks than I could scout in a yr lol. Gameplan is to scout/glass over areas then scout the water in the area if I find good herds. After not drawing antelope in NM for 11yrs I decided last yr to start building points in Wyoming. Then of course I drew in NM. I'm looking forward to hunting antelope in Wyoming in the future. I think they're prob the coolest big game species.

03-Jun-19

Mist-a-hog's embedded Photo
Mist-a-hog's embedded Photo
Are you hunting the rut? I would highly recommend it. Bucks get very protective of their harems. Stalking with a decoy or decoy hat will get you some action. And it is a freaking blast!!

22-Jul-19
My nm hunt is aug 4th-12th. I picked up a be the decoy hat and super excited. Got the predator bow doe decoy. Been hot here around 100°. Rains should start so sitting water could be tough. I'm so pumped and will let you know how it goes.

22-Jul-19
My nm hunt is aug 4th-12th. I picked up a be the decoy hat and super excited. Got the predator bow doe decoy. Been hot here around 100°. Rains should start so sitting water could be tough. I'm so pumped and will let you know how it goes.

24-Jul-19
Hunting water holes in dry hot weather is much more productive than spot and stalk. But in my opinion not nearly as much fun. My buddies all sit in blinds and sweat their butts off, but they score at a much higher rate than me. I prefer the open air and challenge of spot and stalk with a decoy, but be prepared for many blown stalks. But when it all comes together, wow!

31-Jul-19
Hunt opens this Sunday so pumped. Scouted last weekend, found a drinker they were using. In 1.5 days had 40 pics counted on a camera. Only downside is it's been raining every afternoon. Appreciate you guys and will keep you posted.

21-Aug-19
Got my butt kicked by the goats. Missed a couple shots that I wish I could redo. Decoys weren't much help unless I had a rifle. My shots all came stocking along a wooded fence. Will keep building in Wyoming and someday have a goat down. Good luck to you all. I got uper addicted to pronghorn.

• Sitka Gear