Longcruise 30-Apr-19
1HankS 30-Apr-19
ryanrc 01-May-19
Orion 01-May-19
ryanrc 01-May-19
Orion 01-May-19
ryanrc 01-May-19
30-Apr-19
Everyone needs to figure out how to stop this now. Fliers at every trailhead letting the public know the diseases wolves carry, which can be transferred to humans dogs Kids that play with dogs. 90% of winter range for deer and elk is with in 1 mile of schools, homes, towns. Once the wolves get into the front range where its all private land and no hunting management there will be wolves killing pets daily, and there will be human conflicts weekly. And will the HSUS, rocky mountain wolf project and all the other BS organizations pay for the damages? Everyone needs to step up and fight!!

30-Apr-19
Link?

30-Apr-19

Ski-Skin's Link
here

30-Apr-19

Ski-Skin's Link
one more

30-Apr-19
You undermine your own argument when you warn of "dead kids and adults" weekly.

30-Apr-19
+1 longcruise. We need to be truthful about this. Everyone can fact check nowadays.

30-Apr-19
Conflicts will happen and it will be bad.

30-Apr-19
The cost of reintroducing wolves to Colorado cannot be forced onto Colorado Sportsmen, With the rising prices of license from the past and into the future, sportsmen will not be able to afford to hunt. The cost of managing needs to be included in the proposed bill and let the general public know they will be paying for the cost to manage wolves. Sportsmen need to stand up and fight all issues presented by HSUS, they are also forcing action against hunters, trappers,houndsmen regarding Bobcats, Mt Lions, where will they stop.

30-Apr-19
It's a slippery slope when and if the "cost of managing" wildlife gets spread to the general public. Right now wildlife management is pretty much paid for by hunters, and if the general public starts to be included in the cost of managing, then they will absolutely demand that they have a say in "management" of wildlife.

30-Apr-19
"... and if the general public starts to be included in the cost of managing, then they will absolutely demand that they have a say in "management" of wildlife"

Ummmmm..... they already do....

30-Apr-19

30-Apr-19
I'm guessing our best bet is state the scientific facts why wolves aren't a good fit but also framing it as a new giant cost on citizens and to a government agency that is constantly describing themselves as under funded may be the best attempt at a defense. The CPW can't weigh in but we certainly can relay what they have already said about wolf reintroduction. The impact on already struggling mule deer and apparently SW elk herd calves, and a light sprinkle of Red Riding Hood fears might help.

But, in the end If there are enough people who think the idea of wolves is nice, it passes. Right now that seems likely in Colorado. A lot of people outside Colorado are happy to fund an effort to have wolves here for many reasons. Not a lot of people outside Colorado are interested in funding a campaign to stop it.

30-Apr-19
The old thought of if we are paying for it we are the only voice at the table is long gone

30-Apr-19

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Some shots of elk calves being chased with an overlay of the Denver Post article on the SW herd might be in order.

30-Apr-19
^this is the kind of marketing that needs to happen, most fools think wolves are those docile, fluffy, doggy-things they see in a zoo somewhere.

For the record, I'm not even anti-wolf, I just think forcing the issue like this is idiotic, as are most things these activist groups come up with.

30-Apr-19

Treeline's embedded Photo
Human brain with hydatid cysts
Treeline's embedded Photo
Human brain with hydatid cysts

Treeline's Link
The diseases they carry are more alarming....

30-Apr-19
seems like to me that there are several anti-hunting groups and special interest groups demanding a seat at the table, much more so then the general public.

30-Apr-19
"It's a slippery slope when and if the "cost of managing" wildlife gets spread to the general public. Right now wildlife management is pretty much paid for by hunters, and if the general public starts to be included in the cost of managing, then they will absolutely demand that they have a say in "management" of wildlife."

The public is not going to support taxation for wildlife management. Nor are those special interest groups and bureaucrats who are dependent on a thin budget going to tolerate a piece of the pie going to wildlife management.

30-Apr-19
One of the pro wolf newspaper articles that I saw (last weekend in the Boulder Daily Camera, I believe) touted "thousands of square miles that are roadless in western CO". There may well be that, but the wolves aren't going to stay within those boundaries.

There is a huge difference in the population density of Colorado compared to where wolves have been previously introduced...CO 52 people per square mile, ID 20 per, MT 7 per and WY 6 per. The human interactions with wolves will increase as our population increases.

This does not bode well for humans, our pets and the wolves.

01-May-19
People don't care if wolves eat other animals, in fact they will watch the event unfold with excitement. Thry just don't want to watch people doing the killing because that is "wrong". People love violence, game of thrones, avengers, etc.

01-May-19
I think your wrong did you see in the initiative that they don't want wolves in Estes Park??? Guess the granolas don't want to see elk getting killed in the natural groceries parking lot.

01-May-19
Orion. My guess the motivation behind that is they know how important actually seeing elk and other animals is to tourism.

01-May-19
Yeah I'm not sure what their deal is. Heard today they don't want them in Rocky Mountain National Park either. Apparently they just want to flood us in the west slope with them, but they have the not in our backyard mentality.

01-May-19
The only animals I think they will care about getting killed will be their "fur-babies".

• Sitka Gear