RC 30-Apr-19
Rut Nut 01-May-19
HARRY CARRY 01-May-19
HARRY CARRY 02-May-19
Red Beastmaster 02-May-19
Banjo 04-May-19
Hackbow 01-Jun-19
30-Apr-19
Here is the obituary for Scott Mitchell, aka "Shortdraw", one of the founders of "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers", and a longtime, and well-known Archer, from the Mount Pleasant area........

Scott A. Mitchell, 60, of Mt. Pleasant, died Sunday, April 28, 2019. He was born Sept. 13, 1958, a son of Benjamin Mitchell and the late Ruth Marlene (Kimberly) Mitchell.

Scott worked as an independent contractor since 2004 and was previously employed by Shuster Building Components.

An avid outdoorsman, he enjoyed traditional archery. He had an interest in local native and war history, and cared for his family.

In addition to his father, surviving are his wife, Carla (Biancket) Mitchell; children, Jennifer, Travis, Jared, Clarissa and Michaela Mitchell; a brother, Fred Mitchell and wife Michelle; and a sister, Sharon Kelly.

Friends will be received from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at J. WILLIAM McCAULEY JR. FUNERAL HOME, 901 Vine St., West Newton, where services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday. Interment will follow in West Newton Cemetery.

Condolences may be left at www.mccauleyfuneralhomes.com.

Copied from: "Published in Greensburg Tribune Review from Apr. 30 to May 1, 2019"

30-Apr-19
It is so sad reading this. I haven't seen Scott for several years.

My deepest sympathies to his family.

30-Apr-19
Prayers for the family.

01-May-19
60 is way too young! May he rest in peace. Prayers to the family.

01-May-19

HARRY CARRY's embedded Photo
HARRY CARRY's embedded Photo

02-May-19
If anyone has any photos of Scott from any Archery events, his daughter Clarissa would very much like, if possible, to have a digital file/copy of the photo/s. PM me, and I can give you my direct email to send them to. If you have "old school" photos, (yes, before the digital era), also let me know. I think I have access to making them digital. Thank you...

02-May-19
I shot my bag course this evening using the arrows Scott made for me. I was halfway through before I even realized it. It made me smile as I remembered my old friend.

Scott was certainly one of the good ones. :)

04-May-19
<‘)))><

01-Jun-19
Deeply saddened to read this. Scott made a point of welcoming me and the boys when we first showed up at SSTA. He checked in with me a couple years back to see how things were going and how I liked Texas.

Thanks for blessing those who knew you Scott.

• Sitka Gear