RockyTopBH 30-Apr-19
RockyTopBH 30-Apr-19
HDE 01-May-19
ntspdy 05-May-19
Weekend Warrior 08-May-19
RockyTopBH 09-May-19
HDE 09-May-19
30-Apr-19
Can anyone help with information on Unit 2B for Mule Deer. This is my first time drawing a tag in NM and I have never been to this unit. I understand not wanting to give up secrets spots, etc. Just looking for some insightful information to have the best chance at success. Thanks in advance.

30-Apr-19
Depends on which 2B hunt you drew...

30-Apr-19
I was 2b in January of this year. I parked at Navajo state park. They have facilities there, hunted south of there, did not matter where went I saw deer. Tried to make it to Caraccas Mesa way too much snow. Lots of Does, I probably saw a 100 Does, maybe 15 bucks. snow was way too crunchy. Had a few opportunities. Good hunt, Simms Mesa is a good area.

30-Apr-19
I drew the Oct 26-30 hunt. Obviously I know this isn’t a exclusively bow hunt but I plan on bringing my bow along with me.

Bow-hnt, thanks for the info

30-Apr-19

01-May-19
Leave your bow at home and focus on hunting local deer along Hwy 64 in your unit.

05-May-19
Born and raised there and used to love that hunt. I’ve had four 2B rifle hunts in the last ten years and it’s gone down hill. I refuse to put in for that hunt anymore it’s that bad and it makes me really sad because it’s home but it’s just not fun anymore. If I was forced to hunt that unit again I’d spot and stalk in the thick stuff south of Gas Buggy or glass the canyons near Simms. Be careful of land ownership around Simms though.

08-May-19
That early will be hot. Hunting resident herds, migration won't happen that early. Need to get off the roads to find the big bucks. Buy tire chains, when it rains it's beyond muddy there. Walk the gated roads, especially the ones with water holes on them.

09-May-19
Thanks for the info, fellas. ntspdy, is Gas Buggy in 2B? I pulled it up on OnX and it says it was in 2C. Also is Simms south of 64? Having trouble finding it. Any advice at where to stay in the area? Please PM if needed.

09-May-19
"Gasbuggy" is 2B. Gasbuggy Rd is 2B until the wash where 2C starts.

Simms is north of 64 and on the east side of Navajo Lake.

• Sitka Gear