JEG 24-Aug-19
Cokes 28-Aug-19
JohnSPacheco 29-Jul-21
Shawnster 03-Sep-21
Novembermadman 30-Nov-21
01-May-19

Deer-rut's embedded Photo
Deer-rut's embedded Photo
Hi All, I have posted in the past about my camo designs and made some tweaks on the feedback that I received. These are my prototypes. These all have patents, trademarked and copyrights. I am from Massachusetts and trying to design a better useful camo than the norm. I am posting on all New England forums to see what people think but wanted to branch out to other states and see what other people think as well. Honest opinions would be great. Thanks!

01-May-19
One on the far right looks good, the others kinda look like what's already out there on the market.

01-May-19
I think they all would work good in different scenarios. To me the center one would work well in a stand . Both of the outside look like you could disappear sitting under a pine or spruce. From a distance hunters to me usually look like a black bear in a tree. Nice work!

01-May-19
Personally the Camo presented is a common design, need to bring back the Winona Camo design that is not knitted. That design has been proven in the woods but is hard to find. If I had to choose one of yours it would be the right since I primary hunt on the ground. Good luck on your venture, tough market.

02-May-19
The old world war 2 camo in brown and the Winona are the most effective especially so on the ground. Look at an old picture of hunter in that pattern on the ground blends in with the leaves etc. Good effective stuff wish that would make it again in lighter clothing for early season.

02-May-19
I'm honestly more interested in the garment than the camo pattern. Most patterns are functional. If you could make an affordable and good quality jacket and pants that last, that would sell more than the camo pattern IMVHO.

11-May-19
I believe all of these would blob out at distances beyond 50 yards or so. I would change them to have more contrast and larger pieces.

12-May-19
IMO the original Treebark was the best (circa 1984)., Predator was a very close second.

One thing I don't see much of is bark with lichens on it. In the big woods I hunt, there is always lichen, moss, etc. on the oaks, pines and most other trees. A lot of it is the color of the page background in the forums.

13-May-19
Agree Tonybear61.

13-May-19
have to disagree with Tony, Predator was and still is the BEST! Number 1, I've been pinned down moving and then looked through sooo many times and still get the shot, it's great!

13-May-19
have to disagree with Tony, Predator was and still is the BEST! Number 1, I've been pinned down moving and then looked through sooo many times and still get the shot, it's great!

24-Aug-19
Another vote for the open pattern predator style!!

28-Aug-19

29-Jul-21

JohnSPacheco's Link

03-Sep-21
In my opinion, what makes a camo pattern effective is how it breaks up your outline, not how it makes you blend in with your background. Large chunks of pattern with plenty of light colored patches seem to do this the best. Given that, I've been a fan of Predator for years. I think most of the best-selling camo patterns can be too detailed and,at a distance, one looks like a dark blob.

30-Nov-21

Novembermadman 's embedded Photo
Novembermadman 's embedded Photo
Another vote for Predator. When guys ask me what I use I show them this picture and how my leg dissappears. Even the new Deception Green is way better then the original Spring Green as shows in the photo. You want something where the underlying blotches (or blocks, whatever you want to call them) break up your outline and that's exactly what Predator does. Never been impressed with the Mossy Oak or Realtree camo patterns. They were great at marketing that stuff though.

• Sitka Gear