Contributors to this thread:
Price Co Hunter 01-May-19
Live2hunt 01-May-19
Bigdaddy 01-May-19
Bigdaddy 01-May-19
Bigdaddy 01-May-19
Naturelives 02-May-19
01-May-19
The public/private tag system has been in place now for a few years. It seems like a good idea to me, which should help increase deer populations on public land. I only hunt private, but was wondering if public land hunters have any thoughts as to whether or not this tag system is producing results on public land.

01-May-19
Yes, I have started seeing more deer in the Northern forest areas. The Central forest areas, not so much, not sure what the deal is there? I think the wolf population there is causing a bigger problem then the North. I frequently hear wolves while hunting down there and feel there is a problem with a lot of wolves to a smaller forest area.

01-May-19
That’s because it’s the field edges lack of food during the winter and the abundance of food on the field it is is a no brainer during the fall the field it is is where you should be

01-May-19
That’s because it’s the field edges lack of food during the winter and the abundance of food on the field it is is a no brainer during the fall the field it is is where you should be

01-May-19

02-May-19
I don't have a problem with it. I end up buying public land doe tags for 4 counties but there's plenty of tags in my area and theyre pretty cheap

• Sitka Gear