COHOYTHUNTER 08-May-19
Glunt@work 08-May-19
Paul@thefort 08-May-19
db999 09-May-19
Ski-Skin 09-May-19
Paul@thefort 09-May-19
02-May-19

wkochevar's Link
Just hearing about this group...Does anyone know anything about them or their leadership? See the link or go to Stopthewolf.org Kip

02-May-19
Yes. They are working on the issues and with the other hunting and landowner organizations to fight this issue.

It is going to take a lot of money from a lot of sources to run the campaign. I talked to Denny a couple of weeks back and he said that they were interviewing a Marketing firm to develop a strategy to start the media campaign against the wolf lovers.

Stopping the wolf will require a coordinated effort from all sportsmen and ranchers in Colorado or we can kiss most of our hunting opportunities goodbye.

I donated $100 and offered to help wherever I can.

02-May-19
I also donated $100.

02-May-19
Be a member of Big Game forever, by supporting an organization like this we will have more of a voice going forward than by being all individuals. Sorry I am not the best on posting links, The Fish and Wildlife service has a link and a comment page on Removing the Gray Wolf from the list of endangered and threatened wildlife. This may help in the decision making process. I am a supported of Big Game forever.

02-May-19
Do NOT SEND $$ TO BGF

Big Game Forever is a horrible organization not to be supported. Do your homework. There are better avenues to fend off wold introduction. Denny Behrens is regional director. Perfectly great reason to steer clear if ever in doubt. Rich dudes wanting to steal as many tags from public draw hunters as they can get away with stealing. They are behind the obscene UTAH public draw tag theft for the sportsmen expo. Have have tried to steal Colorado draw tags as well in back room dealings.

BGF is the same folks as Sportsmen For Wildlife that most already realize is NOT average Joe sportsmen friendly.

Just last year same folks were behind Colo SB 18-137 that would steal a tag 10 tags (One for each of the Big 10 species in Colorado) to be raffled off and the proceeds going god knows where. Zero input from conservation groups nor CBA. Forcing all the reputable groups to quickly mobilize to ensure the bill got killed.

Wolves are nothing but a cash cow for BGF and SFW. They want the wolf issue to persist forever so they can keep raking in cash from foolhardy hunters and others.

02-May-19
U guys mite as well lube up cause the wolves r a comin. Ridin on that BLUE wave. Too many of them and not enuff of us

02-May-19
Is Big Game Forsale directly involved with Stop The Wolf? Or just Denny? Based upon the profiles, it looks like they have assembled a pretty diverse and qualified team.

02-May-19
An old but still relevant press release that shows the true BGF/SFW stripes....and them getting a public beat down for misrepresenting things.

NRA, SCI and CSF Disavow Misleading Press Release Today the National Rifle Association, Safari Club International and the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation publicly disavowed a misleading press release distributed on Friday, March 11th to congressional offices and other outlets. The press release blatantly misrepresents the position of these organizations regarding legislation to delist gray wolves under the Endangered Species Act.

The draft release was circulated by an individual representing Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife and Big Game Forever. The individual representing these two groups was immediately advised to remove the aforementioned organizations named in the release. Unfortunately, he did not, and the release was transmitted without correcting the inaccurate information.

The release in question claimed that the NRA, SCI and CSF along with the other organizations listed below are opposed to language relating to the delisting of gray wolves in spending legislation currently pending before the U.S. Congress. In fact, these organizations support that language, as well as every other measure that has been introduced in the U.S. House and Senate to date addressing this important issue.

Congressional offices and members of the media should exercise caution in accepting as fact, or repeating, any claims made by Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife, Big Game Forever or any person claiming to represent them. Due to the blatant misrepresentation contained in the press release circulated by these two groups, any claims they make in the future should be thoroughly investigated and independently confirmed.

02-May-19
So, I agree that BGF is not an organization that I will ever donate to. But Besides Denny, I see no connection of one organization to the other. The other committee members look pretty legit to me.

So please give us more than conspiracy theories if you want to stop contributions to an organization that appears to be the best organized effort to counter the wolf introduction.

And as far as "We have already lost, so why fight". Sorry I don't buy that yet.

02-May-19

02-May-19
I agree with txhunter. This is one we might win. The entities involved in fighting this have the financial means and will to counter the opposition. And our side can produce emotionally-wrenching ads. This is way different from the bear hunting issue where even other hunters wouldn't support us.

03-May-19
I have a legit link to share but ..I got to hit the hay. I for sure will share it.

03-May-19
I sure hope Lou! There are a lot of city people out there that think it would be “neat” for wolves to be in Colorado! But hopefully we can win!

03-May-19
Agree with Lou, I think there is some potential for victory here...

03-May-19
This will put Governor Polis on the spot. CPW people will tell him it will be a disaster. But his liberal enviro constituents will be all for it. At some point he will need to take a stance before the election. I'm betting he goes with CPW.

03-May-19
Is it a legislative initiative or a constitutional one?

03-May-19
Have wolves come of the Federal Endangered Species list yet?

03-May-19
Wolves aren't totally delisted yet but marijuana is still a federally controlled substance like heroin or cocaine and you can't throw a rock without hitting a dispensary in many parts of Colorado.

03-May-19
Delisting these days seems to be a regional thing determined by activist judges. A species can be overpopulated in one place, but "endangered" somewhere else (see: Grizzlies). Even if this passes, the CPW can't just put in an order for a few truckloads of wolves from Idaho. The legal challenges and red tape will stall everything for possibly decades, and if the USFWS determines CO isn't suitable and reintroduction will pose a threat to the Mexican gray wolf, they won't go along.

03-May-19
Oddly, the Mexican wolf may be the out Polis has to give a thumbs down while saving face with his base.

03-May-19
Would much rather have the Mexican than the grey wolf!

03-May-19

04-May-19
Eastmen's Hunting journal has a blog about wolves with links to RMEF who is against the reintroduction and links to organizations that are sponsors behind the reintroduction of wolves into Colorado. As stated in these articles these organizations are looking at reintroducing up to one thousand wolves into Colorado. With Ted Turner , Mike Phillips supporting this initiative they have more money than God, I hope we can get the word out to the general public, this really could have an impact on our wildlife herds & economy. The CPW has spent the last 20 years getting Moose herds built up in Co and right now we have a struggling mule deer herd. Do the Math, it is said one MT Lion will kill approximately 0ne deer per week, Bears have learned to prey on new born fawns, One thousand wolves introduced into Colorado they would kill more wildlife than hunters. there goes our wildlife to all the predators. Please read these articles and form your own opinion.

04-May-19
People are trying to donate to this organization and their donations are being rejected because $25 "isn't enough"?

04-May-19
Can't believe an organization would turn down donations, anything usually helps the cause.

06-May-19

1HankS's Link
The wolf re-introduction folks have started their letters to the editors campaign in the Denver Post...

06-May-19
Hank- The positive is the only comment (yours) which is against the reintroduction is fact based and simple to understand...everyone else that has currently commented seems to be more worried about the Mueller report...:0

Hopefully they continue their focus that direction...LOL

07-May-19
I have asked a variety of Colorado residents, mostly nonhunters, concerning the reintroduction of the gray wolf into Colorado. Without knowing or even thinking about the issues, the vast majority of them would vote yes.

07-May-19
Paul, I am betting if this did in fact end up on the ballot, it would get voted in.. The general public is very uneducated and ignorant on what the wolves would bring to Colorado and what it means to live in rural America. Its sad but the vast majority of the general public just sees the cute and cuddly wolf pups and think that bring wolves back is the 'way its supposed to be' and 'they were here first' and think that wolves should be apart of the landscape, which was fine 150 years ago.. but things have changed.. hopefully there will be big efforts to educate the general public on what wolves really are and what problems they present.

07-May-19
I think starting a campaign with no obvious ties to hunting or ranching focused on stopping introduction in order to avoid harming the Mexican wolf is an angle that may sway some.

The other side will use all sorts of twisted stats and half truths. Fighting it with the truth and common sense probably won't be enough.

07-May-19
Can I make a subtle observation without being nit-picky? It has to do with wording/messaging. I see the term "re"introduction used a lot, even on this thread. But, as I understand it, northern grey wolves have never inhabited CO. If you look through the stop-the-wolf site, they refer to it as "forced" introduction or "forced release". I think the "re" part has been injected into the dialogue by the pro-wolf people.

It may be subtle, but even a small crack can cause a dam to fail. I'm just suggesting that we use the more forceful (more accurate?) language.

07-May-19
My experience is similar to Paul's. And this WILL get on the ballot. It's in the Secy of State's hands for approval now.

07-May-19
If not already, Google search, "Colorado Parks and Wildlife Wolves". Then see Gray Wolf Management, May 2005, Wolf Working Group's Recommendations.

By reading this, you can see why, Pro-wolf Supporters can see a light at the end of the tunnel..

07-May-19
+100 with Paul...the pro-wolf Coalition stickers are all over the place in Fort C...unfortunately its a different world than we all lived just 10 years ago. I lived through this in CA with Mtn Lions, unfortunately its the same situation. Now almost 25 years later the deer in CA have adapted to this predator and herd populations have rebounded, but multiple generations of youth went without hunting because there was no game available due to an apex predator not being kept in check... Public opinion will outweigh science and facts its just the sign of the times. Its definitely not a situation we should give in to, but the reality is we are the minority and our heritage is not as widely supported as it once was. When well over 60% of the US population live in large metro area's our way of life is no longer relevant to society...and as a father of 3 young children, this deeply saddens me.

08-May-19
adbowhunter x2 ... you hit the nail on the head

08-May-19
The CPW can't comment or take sides once this is on the ballot. Not sure if they can at this stage but if they can, they need to come out strongly against it so we can at least let people know their stance when they have to be mute.

If bowhunters proposed a ballot initiative forcing the CPW to give enough tags, season days and bag limits to double how many elk we take, we would be enemy #1 with the CPW. But, if we establish a wolf population similar to Wyoming, they will eat more elk per year than the total current archery harvest.

If they aren't doing what they can within the rules to stop this, they are failing Coloradoans and the wildlife.

08-May-19
I just made a copy of Initiative # 79. Here are some major points of the initiative as reasons why. One can read the total initiative by searching, Colorado ballot initiative 79.

33-2-105.8 Reintroduction of gray wolves on public land; public input in commission development of science-based plan; compensation to owners of livestock.

(1). The voters of Colorado find and declare:

a. Historically, wolves were an essential part of the wild habitat of Colorado but were exterminated and have been functionally extinct for seventy five years in the state.

b. The gray wolf is listed as an endangered species on the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission's list of threatened or endangered species.

c. Once restored to Colorado, gray wolves will help restore a critical balance in nature, and

d. restoration of the gray wolf to the state must be designed to resolve conflicts with persons engaged in ranching and farming in this state.

ONe big question I have is, restore what critical balance in nature?? I thought the "critical balance" was being balanced by current scientific game management and using the North American Conservation Model and hunters and trappers as a management tool. Am I wrong. my best, Paul

09-May-19
We should put together an initiative to get Marlins, crabs, and giraffes introduced to Colorado as well. If we are going to start leaving game management up to voters then why not?

09-May-19
Colorado Wild!!! Free ranging bison in boulder and Grizzlies.

09-May-19
Here is something worth reading. ie, Explanation of wolf resolution considered by Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission. Do a google search of this title

• Sitka Gear