KC9 06-May-19
JRABQ 06-May-19
kscowboy 07-May-19
KHunter 07-May-19
cnelk 07-May-19
kscowboy 07-May-19
KC9 07-May-19
04-May-19
I know when my son drew his Moose tag couple years back, you could go on the website and get GPS coordinates of place other moose had been killed in the past. I know they were not always completely accurate, but it was a starting point after he drew. Do they still have that site, or is it no longer available? I can't seem to find it.

04-May-19
Location of harvests are gone. I think they list the closest drainage.

Only horn/antler measurements are available

05-May-19
Since bull moose is a one time draw and cow moose is pretty much a one time draw, people are pretty friendly about sharing locations and help. If he draws, post up with the unit and ask for help.

05-May-19
Someone posted links to a university website (I think) that had all of the previous goat/sheep and hopefully moose files archived. Won't have the gps for 2018, but it should be a big help. I'll see if I can dig it up if someone else doesn't chime in.

I used the moose gps data last year and it was useful, too bad they quit including it.

05-May-19
Someone posted links to a university website (I think) that had all of the previous goat/sheep and hopefully moose files archived. Won't have the gps for 2018, but it should be a big help. I'll see if I can dig it up if someone else doesn't chime in.

I used the moose gps data last year and it was useful, too bad they quit including it.

05-May-19
I believe there is a company that produces a map with unit harvest locations. I'm not sure if they'll be able to update the 2018 data? At least locations from previous years are available.

I wonder if you went to the CPW office and told them that you drew a sheep, goat, or moose unit if they would be willing to allow you to access the hunt reports with the locations?

05-May-19
I can't speak to sheep and goat, but as someone who lives in moose country I can tell you that exact locations of previous kills aren't nearly as important as knowing drainages. Bulls summer in drainages. Once that bull is dead, he's gone. They aren't like brown trout where one will move right onto that exact same ridge when the other one is killed. I put people in drainages that historically hold bulls, and then it's up to them to find one that summers there and kill him.

If a Bowsiter draws moose in 7-8, ping me and I'll put you into big bulls.

06-May-19
Would be nice to get access to harvest site file. Anybody have a copy or pointer to get it?

06-May-19

tinman's Link
I believe this thread has the info.

06-May-19
^^^ Not anymore it doesnt

06-May-19

fishnride's Link
I found it. 1999-2017

06-May-19
Thanks for all the imput. I was referring to the moose site as that is what we had drawn in the past(My son drew 2 years ago). So we mapped all the spots for a starting point before physically scouting.

I actually drew a sheep tag, so I was looking for those gps coordinates, as I believe they were also available .

Old goat, believe I met you when you drew your Moose tag as I drew mine the same year, same unit. 2007, unit 171? fishnride, great find on the moose. Did they also list sheep coordinates?

06-May-19

JRABQ's Link
Here is the sheep link.

07-May-19
Anyone have goat? No, I'm not a lucky recipient but will add to my files. Thanks!

07-May-19

KHunter's Link
mountain goat

07-May-19

cnelk's Link
When I drew my moose tag back in 2009, I used this website to convert all the UTM [easting/northing] to Lat/Long for ease to use in Google earth.

I then saw a pattern where bull were being killed. Killed my B&C bull opening day in that area

See Link

07-May-19
Thank you, KHunter!

07-May-19
Yes, thanks a ton Khunter

• Sitka Gear