kscowboy 08-May-19
Treeline 08-May-19
Huntmaster 08-May-19
bowhunter24 10-May-19
Bighornarcher 10-May-19
goelk 10-May-19
Stoneman 14-May-19
05-May-19
Hi all, new to the site and first time sheep tag holder. I was told that I needed to put in for S12 August archery tag and like a good soldier, I put in and drew. I don’t know much about the unit to be perfectly honest but plan on spending lots of days up scouting and boots on the ground this summer leading up to August. That being said, does anyone have any pointers to start out? I’ve already ordered the success maps from dow, this was the next step. Thanks in advance!!

05-May-19
Hi all, new to the site and first time sheep tag holder. I was told that I needed to put in for S12 August archery tag and like a good soldier, I put in and drew. I don’t know much about the unit to be perfectly honest but plan on spending lots of days up scouting and boots on the ground this summer leading up to August. That being said, does anyone have any pointers to start out? I’ve already ordered the success maps from dow, this was the next step. Thanks in advance!!

05-May-19
Boots on the ground is the best method. I wouldn’t just concentrate on where other have killed. Scout other areas. Be in tip top shape

05-May-19
Plan on spending a lot of time above treeline! The better shape you are in, the more you will enjoy the hunt. Good Luck!

05-May-19
Nice, i got one too!!! They'll be on the steepest hillsides and on top. Should be fun. Ive been hiking for two months now just need to keep it up.

07-May-19
search S12 in this Colorado forum and the sheep forum...all the likely spots are discussed...be in the best shape of your life, sheep hunting takes a lot of strength and energy...good luck

08-May-19
I can’t get Bowsite search to work, at all for any search term. Is it broken or is there some trick to it? Using an ipad if that matters...

08-May-19
I just use Google. Search "bowsite s12" and you will get some hits to old threads

08-May-19
Thanks glunt, I do that but geez the search feature for this site should be operational too..I vaguely recall when Bowsite search went belly up. Did not realize it was permanent.

08-May-19

kscowboy's Link
Might be a good starting point for you

08-May-19
Seems like only yesterday...

That was a fun day!

Hard to believe how wound up you can get trying to guide a hunter in on a ram and how exciting it is when it all comes together!

08-May-19
it is going to be a long time before getting into sheep country, that unit has been at nearly 200% of snow average...was fishing at Antero on Monday and the snow line is well below tree line and looks very deep... google search will turn up quite a few hits on prior S12 threads.

10-May-19
Kscowboy. What a great story!! Thank you for reposting it here. Did you go into it with a specific size in mind or just looking to fill the tag?

I think huntmaster is right, not planning on getting up into the area until July. Guess that just means more gym and range time!

10-May-19
Congrats again Sean!

10-May-19
Great story kscowboy. Is there access to Mav method?

14-May-19
bowhunter24 and goelk, I wrote the story. There is a Bowsite link on the Sheep forum under features on the right side of the page. That is where kscowboy pulled it from: http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/FEATURES/ARTICLES/SHEEp/ramsfromabove/

pm me if you have any questions I might be able to help you with

• Sitka Gear