JayD 10-May-19
Big-Otis-Jeff 10-May-19
Babysaph 10-May-19
Lefthand Hunter 12-May-19
Bkbowhunter 13-May-19
Jack Whitmrie jr 23-May-19
tommyboy 01-Jun-19
05-May-19
I’ve used rubber boots for several years now an have seen several times deer walk all around where I came in without getting busted. But I never get more than about 2 years out of a pair they always get cracked. I wear them year round anytime im in the woods. Thinking about going back to “regular style boots “ comments on witch is better

05-May-19
I have been busted in rubber boots many times. Been busted in leather too. I wear Leather boots mostly. More support and warmer. Danders

05-May-19
I've worn Lacrosse boots for years--insulated and non-insulated. The tight ankle fit makes them comfortable for long walks. I've got a couple pair I've had for a decade or more.

Most deer I've watched never catch my trail, but there have been a few times they'll pick me right off.

Oh... and I pull one of those plastic grocery bags over my sock. It makes them much easier to get off. :^)

06-May-19
i have worn many a pair of mucks or lacrosse rubber boots over the years both are good boots , and in my opinion they do help as far as ground scent control . I wear my lacrosse mostly. also have a pair of light weight leather Irish Setters Vaptrek. I think rubber boots are better for scent control, which is top priority for me . JMO

06-May-19
I wear the 16 inch Cabela's Boa boot - love them. I use the odor eliminating sprays a good bit not for sure if it helps or not. I have had quite a few deer walk over my trail and not smell a thing - few other deer run away like I or my companions use to do when I would open the trunk of car and my practice football gear was stored during 2 a days!

06-May-19
Maybe I just need better ones than I’ve gotten in the past

06-May-19
I always keep my hunting boots in a scent free tote and never wear them any where but for hunting whitetail . Change and Spray down down at my truck before going in. Like said, i am real serious about scent control .

09-May-19
I've worn the same pair of Lacrosse boots for several years now. Had the same problem with cracking so I called Lacrosse. They sent me 4 tubes of repair goo (no charge). Said to use what I needed and freeze the rest. I've patched these boots several times and I've never had a leak. With all the repairs they don't look great but they keep my feet warm and dry.

10-May-19
How are the rubber boots in cold weather? Thats why i have never bought any, figured my feet would get cold after 10-12 hrs out in it.

10-May-19
My feet do get cold in them.

10-May-19
BOJ,

Are you familiar with Mickey Mouse boots? They're all rubber and were developed by the military for "extreme" cold weather. They're still standard issue.

I keep a couple pair of surplus MM boots around all the time. You just don't want too walk far in them.

10-May-19
I came to the conclusion what a boot is made of makes little difference - comfort is my biggest issue in buying a boot. I have worn leather and canvas boots and used the scent killing sprays and deer have crossed by trail and didn’t react - then I have used rubber boots and I think I probably stepped in something on the way to my stand and they have smelled me..... LOL

Of course the one time they smelled me was when I was up at JR’s place and he forgot to tell me the ladder was juiced with electric and the jolt caused me to soil myself! LOL

10-May-19
JayD---And thats the other reason i have not bought any rubber boots, they just dont look very comfortable.... 1buckurout---I am very familiar with those , bit me personally, maybe when hunting in the single digits, or so, to big and bulky..

10-May-19
I love the Mickey mouse boots for real cold weather to sit in. Walking not so much.

12-May-19
For what it's worth, I've done quite a bit of walking in my Alpha Burly's with no issues. Have also sat in a tree stand with temps in the teens for 3-4 hours with no problem. Mine are 1000 g. insulate. Also great for those early morning walks when the tall grass is still wet.

13-May-19
Thanks guys definitely looking at different ones probably stay with rubber ones

23-May-19
In about 1982 or so the WVBA had a guest speaker named Doug Crabtree as a guest speaker at the Summer Rendz. He spoke on scent control on the ground , he said that he wore rubber boots to stands to keep ground scent at a minimum . I started wearing rubber boots and started killing bucks . I swear by them for scent control, buy the best you can afford.

01-Jun-19
I've worn two pair of Field and Stream boot for over fifteen years now. One 400 gr for warm weather and 1200 gr in cold weather. They were fairly cheap and I'm sure made in China, but they've lasted all these years and still going strong. The removable insoles have been worn through and replaced, but they exteriors are still fine.

I did pick up a pair of Muck rubber snake boots last year at Sam's Club cheap. I got them primarily for turkey hunting, but may start wearing them early bow season as well.

• Sitka Gear