pogo 09-May-19
SJJ 10-May-19
pogo 11-May-19
pogo 11-May-19
pogo 13-May-19
07-May-19

pogo's Link
Hi friends......

I had a fun opening day with my bow...... and even tried my hand at self videoing my hunt. Boy.... was that harder than I thought. Enjoy!

07-May-19
Haven't gotten out much myself since the opener. My daughter took a nice bird on the youth hunt. It was a great hunt.

07-May-19
Great video!

09-May-19
Thanks guys.

Hi Pat....... We have several mature Toms on the property. I quit killing Jake's about ten years ago. They are too easy. I'm at Walt Disney World but headed home tonight and I'll be trying again on Monday. The video was challenging to make by myself but I may try again next week.

09-May-19
Yeah but jakes taste better!

I used to let jakes go. With limited time they don’t get a pass anymore. I am having one for lunch as I type this. :)

09-May-19
There is no right or wrong in anyone's decision to harvest Jake's or let them walk. But to me..... it's like killing spike horns. I'll let them walk. It looks like I'm going out on Monday to hunt them again.

10-May-19

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo
Slammer..........took 6 days to get him. 1 5/8" all day long

11-May-19
Great limb hanger! Congratulations!

11-May-19

Crap...... double post. ??

13-May-19
I went down to the farm this morning and put my blind back up. I hope to hunt Wednesday morning. On the way home, I saw five Tom's.

The first was scrawny looking..... smaller than the Jake I passed up. Four were really nice looking birds. They were about 400 yards away across two fields that I don't have permission to hunt so I started calling them from my truck. I had them gobbling like crazy and brought them to with about 75 yards from my truck. That was some serious fun...... almost as rewarding as a harvest.

• Sitka Gear