crestedbutte 30-May-19
Fauntleroy 30-May-19
Dafish 04-Jun-19
keepemsharp 04-Jun-19
Dale06 04-Jun-19
keepemsharp 04-Jun-19
Dale06 05-Jun-19
08-May-19
Been sqeegeiing a basement most of the day, my fault for not keeping up with backfill. Have dumped 10 inches from the gauge in the last six days and it's raining now. Sure would be nice to keep some of this till July.

08-May-19
Someone send the Coast Guard to Manhattan! The K-State campus is fixin' to float away!

08-May-19
Damn, I went to KSU. Hope no serious damage.

09-May-19
God bless you all, been keeping an eye on the flooding.

09-May-19

Thornton's embedded Photo
The Whitewater is 1/2 mile out of its banks.

09-May-19

09-May-19

The Cimarron is a mile wide. I was turkey hunting in those woods a month ago.

10-May-19
The Cottonwood River has been across the highway between Cottonwood Falls and Strong City for three days. They are a mile apart but to get from one to the other is now a 75 mile trip. My sister has water in her basement and a restoration company was coming to take care of it. Three different times they called and said they would be at her place in 30 minutes. She asked where they were at and she explained that they were on the other side of the river and it would take them about 1 1/2 hours, At last report they still have not be able to follow her directions to get to her place. They simply say the GPS says to go another way. They can't understand that they can't cross the river.

11-May-19
I found out about the Cottonwood the hard way. I was rolling in to Strong City from the north on Friday and had to go all the way to BETO Junction to get around to where I was going.

13-May-19

Zmax's Link
Flood stage here on the Solomon is 26ft, we hit 25.48... back below 7ft here now.. Some corn planted, gonna be fast n furious to plant corn, beans, milo, maybe some sunflowers, then wheat harvest will be here before we know it, along with dbl crop beans.

Be safe around the high waters.

19-May-19
Hang in there guys looking at the weather central Kansas going to get slammed again.

19-May-19
Bad news for pheasants, again.

19-May-19
Bad news here on Tuttle for fish. If there is a spring spawn it will be 40 feet up in the hills and the eggs will dry up when they drop it.

22-May-19
The Cottonwood River is over Highway 177 between Cottonwood Falls and Strong City again. Towns one mile apart now require a 75 mile drive to get from one to the other. With more heavy rain in the forecast it may be a week before the highway opens up again.

27-May-19
Looks like a good chunk of Coffeyville might be going underwater again. I guess the hundred year flood is becoming the 10-15 year flood.

27-May-19
Tuttle yesterday said 1132. I believe 1133 or 34 means you gotta open something.

30-May-19
I have dumped over 26" out of my gauge in May. 4.20" so far this week. I don't even want to imagine the skeeters here in a few weeks.

30-May-19
Tuttle is starting to let water out there is a little starting to back up into parts of Manhattan evacuations were advised but not mandatory. The water is close to the top of the flood gates (less than 6"). If they have to open the gates things will get ugly Fast with the Kansas river high. Sandbags are being deployed an barriers put up around buildings that may be affected.

30-May-19
Not sure where it can go. The Kaw was already backed up to Rocky Ford.

30-May-19
Love them cantaloupe's!

30-May-19
Tuttle dam had a steady flow of cars trying to get a peek at the water level when we went to see it. If anyone in Manhattan needs a place to store some stuff let me know. We've got the barn and the shop if you need a dry place to store something.

04-Jun-19
Tuttle opened the gates last week, 221,000 gallons per second, there is a good video of it on facebook Milford is dumping 92,000 gps and Kanopolis which is 34 feet above normal is putting out 14,000gps

land of wildlife habitat under water and ruined for this season

04-Jun-19
Does that mean all the deer eggs are destroyed and all NR should ask for a refund?

04-Jun-19
Any flooding of the KSU campus?

04-Jun-19
No, campus is too much uphill. But some folks in East Mahattan are under threat.

05-Jun-19
Thanks keepemsharp. Went to school there looong time ago.

• Sitka Gear