Dakota 05-Aug-20
Brotsky 05-Aug-20
Dakota 05-Aug-20
09-May-19

Griz34's embedded Photo
Griz34's embedded Photo
Griz34's embedded Photo
Griz34's embedded Photo
Can't wait to hear this. Hopefully it's not kill everything.

12-May-19
SD seems more common sense than Mn or wi. Hopefully they come with a common sense plan to slow the disease. Killing more deer to test doesn’t seem to be the answer. Good luck

10-Feb-20
With a few more cases of CWD showing up in South Dakota has it changed your game plan so to say?How many of you sent in samples and what is your game plan to get rid of your carcass in the future?

10-Feb-20
i watched a you tube on how to remove the lymph nodes and i'm no surgeon but i got it done and had it tested at SDSU vet science. It was a mule deer from North Jackson county. Got results within a week. Negative. Very fast turn around for a lab that was in the middle of moving to a newer facility. Carcass went to the landfill that was approved. Not really a fair comparison for me because the lab is at my workplace and the local landfill accepts the carcass's. Good idea to get them tested. Now, i didn't get any of the whitetails tested that came from east river areas. Might consider doing that in the future. I'm personally a little more fearful of the coated seed and the investigations of how it affects things.

11-Feb-20
I was looking at the game and Fish website yesterday and it looks like you can drop off the whole head of your deer at designated places and they will test it also. We have a local dump site that is approved for carcasses also but man there are a lot of places in the state that don't.

11-Feb-20
As with most hunting, its an individual thing and what everyone does is usually not overseen by others. Its basically self serve to do the right thing. I haven't looked at the head drop sites but they are probably not readily available to everyone. The elk check in stations probably get better compliance. There is so much about this CWD that is unknown or greek to most of us. I have not read of people getting the human variant of the disease. Still, just the possibility causes concern. I try to be as much of an optimist as i am pessimist, it may be easier to draw tags in some units in the future. As part of my job, I abate asbestos occasionally. Just the mere mention of it to people causes them great concern. I think all the legal ads on tv do that. Scares the crap out of some people. CWD probably does the same. Like most things, the more we know about it, the more likely we are to make wise decisions. Now whether everyone pays attention and agrees on the course of action is a different thing.

05-Aug-20
We are up in 35 and according to this article we do not have to take our deer carcasses to an approved dump site. Am I reading this right? https://gfp.sd.gov/news/detail/1299/

05-Aug-20

Brotsky's Link
Randy, here's a link to the complete regs for CWD. Harding county is in the "CWD Rules" area so you will need to follow the special rules. There is a disposal facility right outside of Buffalo. The best bet for your hunters is to cape and skull cap their critters and debone the meat and then drop the remnants at the disposal area in Buffalo or leaving them somewhere at the ranch would also be appropriate if you have such a place available. The other option is for them to return to their game processor or home with the animal parts and have them disposed of through a licensed landfill. Hopefully that helps!

05-Aug-20
Thank you so much. I just didn't look heart enough as I thought we were required to.

• Sitka Gear