BIG BEAR 01-Jul-19
Bows the way 06-Jul-19
BIG BEAR 06-Jul-19
09-May-19
anyone?

10-May-19
Newberry?

13-May-19
Hopefully me at my place in Seney 8 points I think is what I got.

14-May-19
I just applied for Carney second hunt with 3 points. Hoping and waiting will see. Is Seney in the Newberry zone?

14-May-19
Yes Seney is in the newberry zone

14-May-19
In 2009 it took 5 points for me to hunt Newberry first hunt. Hunted near Grand Marais.

15-May-19
I'm not a resident just a property owner bownut lol. Takes a few more points I want the first season when theres no dogs running.

20-May-19
Looking at a couple different guys who run some hunts up here, anyone got suggestions or recommendations.

20-May-19
Theres a guy in Seney I hear does a good job. Call Maters stop in go they might be able to help

21-May-19
My guy only does Carney and Amasa.

21-May-19
thanks

29-May-19
next question, rustic camping in area while bear hunting recommendation

30-May-19
Fox river just north of Seney on 77 toward Grand Marais. I fished there a few times its a nice spot. I also found a lot of downed berry trees along the river away from the camp ground.

30-May-19
It’s been 30 yrs, but used to be a campground in Germfask, just south of Seney.

01-Jun-19
The guy in seney is Johnny last name starts with a B. There is a really nice camp ground in seney on fox river pretty nice and reasonable

01-Jun-19
thanks, I think you guys are talking about the Northland outfitters campground, looks nice. I put in yesterday for Newberry should be good for a tag with the points I have.

03-Jun-19
No it's the Seney Township Campground.

03-Jun-19
No it's the Seney Township Campground.

03-Jun-19

Bows the way's embedded Photo
Bows the way's embedded Photo

03-Jun-19
Ok thank you. I looked at that one too.

04-Jun-19
I think Bob Johnson is still guiding hunts in the area. Buck Sporting Lodge. I deer hunted with him years ago and killed a deer.

26-Jun-19
pulled first season Newberry tag! now for the planning.

26-Jun-19
Congrats !!! How many points did you have to get that ??? My property is in Newberry and I’m saving points for an early tag. I killed a 150 pounder on my property in 2015. Good luck !!

26-Jun-19
max points and thanks

27-Jun-19
I’m not trying to be a jerk..... but what do you mean max points ?? I’m trying to get an idea as to how many points will it take to draw the first hunt in Newberry.... I’m figuring right around 8 points.....

27-Jun-19
I had 15 I believe...….been putting in for a point every year since they started it. this year I decided to burn them,

28-Jun-19
Gotcha...... Thanks !!

30-Jun-19
I had 7 and didn't draw my place is in Seney

01-Jul-19
Rick.... do you get to apply as a resident or non resident ??

06-Jul-19
I'm a non resident Chris they told me I would have drawn the 2nd season last two years that was nice info to find out.

06-Jul-19
It’s funny you say that Rick..... That reminds me....... I have a buddy that was putting in for the first hunt in his area as his first choice when he didn’t have enough points to draw the first hunt......... Then he put the second hunt as his second choice thinking he was a shoe in for the second hunt. He didn’t get a tag that year......... Because it doesn’t work that way. If you make a second choice..... your second choice ONLY gets considered AFTER all the guys who made that hunt as their FIRST choice........

I know that doesn’t apply to you..... but it’s just an interesting tidbit to add here. You should only put in for hunts that you have a chance of getting as your first choice.

• Sitka Gear