babysaph 10-May-19
JayD 10-May-19
WV Mountaineer 10-May-19
Big-Otis-Jeff 10-May-19
gobbler 10-May-19
JayD 10-May-19
WV Mountaineer 11-May-19
10-May-19
If you want to stir, how long are views and screenshots valid? Say five years? All hypothetical of course.

Would I, or anyone else for that matter, be allowed to say switch from supporting a two buck limit to being in support of a three buck limit?

10-May-19
Of course. People can always flip flop on what they want. I have been accused of it. I would like to see a 2 buck limit but it was pointed out to me that no one kills 3 bucks so it will not in any way effect the deer herd of size of the bucks. We basically have a 2 buck limit now. But by having a 3 buck limit the state gets the funds for the guys that buy the 3rd buck tag but don't use them. What is not to like? I would have loved to have been paid for 3 root canals and only having to do 2. And really there is nothing to argue about.

10-May-19
Heck some might say I have switched but if ya really look at what I have said - I don’t think lowering the limit from 3 to 2 will make a difference. I accept what the DNR has said on this - and the numbers don’t fib. About 1/3 of 1 percent of all WV hunters kill 3 bucks. Must admit when I was saying it should be 2 and your thru - I was listening to all the people who were Saying that every Bubba in WV and all these NR resident hunters were killing 3 spike bucks. DNR put the factual data out there for us to see that it wasn’t so and I changed mind. I am sure there are others that probably did the same - just like I am sure there are some who still believe that everyone is killing 3 bucks and disregarding the reported data.

Heck I will shouted from the mountain top now - why change if it brings in more money that can go towards other good projects for the DNR to use? For the 2 1/2 percent of WV hunters who shoot 2 bucks - if it allows them to hunt another season - great for them! Barely 10 to 11% of them shoot another buck anyhow. Isn’t that what our DNR is suppose to be doing - providing ample opportunities for EACH one of us to hunt? Not only does the DNR do that but they also provide areas for those who wish to have just a bowhunting area (are not the 4 counties that are bow only like the largest bow only area in the country) - plus I believe there are some WMA areas that are set up for trophy management? I don’t know if trophy management is the term they use are not - so don’t quote me on that! LOL

Of courses I don’t know what this has to do with longevity of screenshots but I guess we will find out .......

Good post though -just shows the SOMETIMES change is fine and dandy but not all the time as well......

10-May-19
Well said Jay D and JR.

10-May-19
JayD....again, the data you keep using about people who kill 3 bucks , doesn't and cant take into account guys shooting the first bucks the see knowing they have more tags....No way to gauge that............

As fro screenshots, I know i could post a ton from multiple people who just a a year or 2 ago were adamant about lowering the limit, now they are dead set against it and swear they never said those things or make excuses..............Probably because the site they like to cry on is against it and they feel pressured ...who knows...

We could also screen shots where the DNR and other media outlets screamed that by doing away with that extra tag , the DNR would go out of business ( too many easy fixes on that) but dont blink an eye about spending 650k to haul trout in buckets......

10-May-19
Changing opinions is a normal process as the human brain gains more knowledge, researches issues out, has more experiences, hear more opinions from other people, actively seeks out more knowledge from wider sources, keeps up with current research and studies, etc. in fact I would say if people didn’t do these things they would become stagnant and set in their ways. I certainly have different opinions than I did 5, 10, 20, 40 years ago. I think that people that have an open mind probably have more opinion changes than people that have a closed mind.

10-May-19
BOJ - I won’t disagree with what you said but again there are so many variables. Myself - I don’t think just lowering the limit to 2 will stop hardly anyone from still shooting the first buck of their choice - they still have the second tag and very few shoot a second buck according to past data. Like JR said if he can charge for 3 root canals and only have to do two - and the people are all for it- good for him. He can buy better equipment for his business or better yet go to Iowa and Hunt or get a bigger battery for his tree stand! LOL Also let’s say some deer are saved - how many will get hit by car, get a disease or get shot by another hunter? Plus probably the biggest reason is - I think WV DNR does it right - they offer areas such as the bow only areas and other WMA areas with special restrictions and pretty sure I heard they are going to offer more - but then for those hunters who want to kill an extra buck and not have to go to another state they have areas here. Best of both worlds in my opinion - I know you don’t agree and that is ok too.

BOJ - this May surprise you but I sent an email to the director several months ago on a proposal to do some research on lowering the limit. Let’s lower the limit to 2 buck in 2 counties in each district - record the data and let’s see if makes a difference. Let the data come in then go from there. Didn’t hear anything so guess he thought it was a bad idea.

I am sure you can post screenshots - doesn’t surprise me at all. Heck you could of me! When the numbers came out though it was a big factor in changing my mind. Even when I was a 2 and ur thru guy - I still said back then I think the biggest issue for WV is better habitat - better timber and land management and I still think that is the biggest obstacle For WV right now.

Again nice post!

11-May-19
Gobbler for the win

• Sitka Gear