ground hunter 16-May-19
casekiska 16-May-19
Hoot 21-May-19
Live2hunt 22-May-19
10-May-19

Mike F's Link
Thought I would pass this on.

10-May-19
Funny how the elite bow hunters and outdoors people see Wisconsin bow hunters for what it is, what they do, and who they represent. Too bad we cant get anymore lazy tightwads in this state to support the sport they supposedly care so much about. Fire away- I’m calling it for what it is

10-May-19
Is this a first for WBA? Congratulations to the officers and members who get stuff done!

10-May-19
The Pope & Young Club has only awarded this Conservation Award 14 times and this is the first time the WI Bowhunters Assoc. has received it. In the photo accompanying the article (Mike F's Link) the fellow in the brown jacket is Mike Brust (WBH Pres.), the fellow in the gray shirt is Dave Peterson (WBH Vice-Pres.), the fellow on the far right is Rich Kirchmeyer (WBH Secy.), and the fellow on the left is a P & Y official.

10-May-19
Awesome

10-May-19
The Man on the left is former Iowa Gamewarden Doug Clayton long time P@y Senior Member and Conservation Chair.

11-May-19
Congratulations to the WBA.

11-May-19
Great organization

11-May-19
Very nice,,,, congrats,,,, we have what we have, because we have an organization

11-May-19
Well done to the WBH.

11-May-19
Happy to see that award go to the WBA. Congrats.

11-May-19
Congrats to WBH! Great org.

12-May-19
When I moved to Wi. in 84 was introduce to WBH and was amazed at the amount of membership and the Kennedy Park New Lisbon Sept. shoot and the political action for bowhunting. I am sure that I came in the peak time and as time went on seen a slow erosion developing in membership and political influence with the DNR, I left the state in 2006. Just recently visited P&Y museum and a lot of pass history but also realize that bowhunting as we know it will be history itself if it doesn't take a very strong bowhunting organization to preserve it. Hate to bring this topic up again but the greatest threat to the bowhunters is the x-bow that is changing the landscape fast, use to think that baiting was the curse but I was wrong. Remember the anti x-bow buttons that were handed out back in 85 and didn't take it seriously which many did not. May be moving back to Wi, just live across the River and get involved in my old age, which the young bow hunters should step up and carry on the WBH agenda. The MDHA has a continue fight here in Mn that is following the Wi. past history and so far it is holding fast to its tradition. I have bow hunted public land as a Wi NR on occasion but not over the last 5 yrs, there has been a definite change of hunting culture. Congrats to the WBH on the award from P&Y.

13-May-19
Jjs, Interesting insight on WBH history. I think what you observed in 84 was an organization with a solid following that expanded as the compound bow brought in a new group of members. For 40 reasons there has been changes in organization member rates, more organizations for dilution, increasing deer and bear populations, later decreases, private land access issues, it goes on and on. Since 84 WBH has had noticeable more political influence mostly as they just went after it. The DNR also became easier to work with. Haberland was stoic, Mytton would at least listen and it got better from there. Bowhunters got huge positive changes in the last 20 years, unfortunately the crossbow inclusion was the farting elephant in the room and changed things as we all know. Seems like some of the more recent changes such as no back tags, no registration and the ability to stand over a bait site after dark (as long as you are not seen shooting) have cheapened the sport compared to what it used to be. The baiting popularity/polarization and CWD had an effect but not going there now.

13-May-19
This award recognizes a person or organization for the promotion of the future of bowhunting and hunting, the image of bowhunting and hunting, and the conservation and wise use of our natural resources.

Interestingly enough one of the guys accepting the award is a convicted violator of WI GameLaws. While the organization is certainly worthy the achievement, the choice of the one recipient seemed odd to me.

HF43

13-May-19
Congrats to WBH.

13-May-19
Congratulations WBH ,Well deserved ,Thanks to this great organization for all they do to promote and protect bow hunting inWI

14-May-19

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
RUGER1022's embedded Photo
Way to go . Long overdue .

14-May-19
Button's say a lot about you Ruger .Considering the number of Bowhunters it's a dam shame we can't have a lot more members the vast vast maj. let some one else carry the load.

16-May-19
Thanks , I did have 1969 but a button collector needed 1969 to fill a gap . I mailed it to him .

The WBH is not perfect . The NRA is less perfect but I stay loyal to both . Sooner or later we'll need them .

16-May-19
I still have my '68 button, but my 69-78 is on the bottom of Sowden Lake Ont. They were pinned to my camo Jones style hat. The hat flew off my head while going across the lake walleye fishing during a bear hunt. Before we could turn the boat around, the hat had sunk like a rock.

16-May-19
"Camo Jones style hat" ,,,,, a classic

16-May-19

casekiska's Link

21-May-19

Hoot's embedded Photo
Hoot's embedded Photo
My wife found an old demin jacket in a chest that my son wore when he was two years old. 40 years ago this was.

22-May-19
LOL, you were not a true bowhunter without a Jones style hat. I still have a quilted one that I wear when it gets cold. I like to wear it booney style.

• Sitka Gear