Keith in colorado 16-May-19
deernelk 17-May-19
PECO 17-May-19
Cazador 17-May-19
Jaquomo 18-May-19
walltenthunter 18-May-19
Glunt@work 18-May-19
12-May-19
Lots of heavy stuff on here lately. Thought I'd bring up something lighter. As in helium. Was hiking in the woods today and came across a party balloon that had crashed. Made me chuckle and think of all the balloons I've come across in the high country over the years. Seldom find them around here but often find them, seems particularly up toward 10,000 feet and above. Remember when I spotted my first many years ago and thought it was odd. But since find them almost every year. Don't know if it's the wilderness I frequent but gotta think the high country catches them all over. One had a crazy message written on it. Never a phone number! Wonder how far they come from? You other guys partying it up too?

12-May-19
Meant to put this on the big game forum. Guess I'll re do it....

12-May-19
lolll, hiked 42 days found 37 party balloons!

13-May-19
I've found them in lower elevations but never up high. My buddy Henry finds them all the time.

13-May-19
I've found them in the middle of nowhere too, that's funny I'm not the only one.

13-May-19
We found a dead cow elk years ago that had died the previous spring. Ten feet away she had a "Get Well" balloon that had floated from some far away place. The thought was nice, but the elk didn't make it.... true story..

13-May-19
I find them all the time, all over. I always wondered why they are allowed outside considering it's illegal to litter, and most of them end up as litter. Many are even allowed to be released on purpose in the hundreds for celebrations. Where do these people think they go?

13-May-19
I will be buying a huge bouquet of party balloons if my wife draws a bull moose permit today .

13-May-19
Maybe there should be a $1.00 recovery charge on every one that's sold. That could be used to pay anyone who picks them up and turns them in. Could be a good supplement to my retirement funds. ;-)

13-May-19
I remember when I was in grade school some 30 years ago in Aurora, we would let balloons go with a message attached (name of school and contact info) in hopes that if someone found it, they would contact us and we could see where it ended up... pretty cool science experiment. pretty sure with all the environmental concerns of today, its not something any school would do.. lol

13-May-19
I found a weather balloon once. It had been there a long time and was very deteriorated. The little electronic box was all banged up and broken.

The ones I wonder about are those paper hot air balloons that are released en masse. Wonder what happens when they come down?

13-May-19
Found 3 weather balloons and countless helium party balloons. Pretty sure many of those are accidentally released by kids. I have seen many an upset face when a kid realizes that thing is permanently gone.

14-May-19
I'll just say I have a much easier time finding these balloons than I have finding elk....

16-May-19
I used to work out near Pawnee N.G. and quit counting those darn things at about # 32. I like Ziek's idea! :^)

16-May-19
Huge pet peeve of mine! Condoned littering!

17-May-19
I've got into enough trouble digging through whatever to get a balloon. After never finding any surprises I quit about ten years ago after the rattler just got my my pant leg. Never seem to see them any more, gp

17-May-19
Found one hunting last full. Packed it out.

17-May-19
I wonder what the public thinks about all those arrows all over the place?

#First world problems!

18-May-19
I found two arrows last elk season. One was stuck in the dirt about 30 yards off a county road....

18-May-19
My finds in hunting gear included an arrow last year moose hunting in South Park in Beaver Creek drainage. More unique finds inn hunting was years back finding two rifles, one turkey hunting in the Rampart Range, a Remington pump 30-06. Years later in tall sage near Maybell deer hunting I found a Remington 700 ADL 30-06. Both looked to have been on public lands for years. I gave both away, and the recipients indicated both refurbished do shoot. Germane to the subject I always pack out trash including balloons in my hunts.

18-May-19
Mylar balloons are "assault balloons". They take forever to biodegrade. I use strictly natural latex with hemp strings every time I get married or win the Superbowl. 100% biodegradable.

• Sitka Gear