Thornton 22-Jun-19
cwater 24-Jun-19
HA/KS 24-Jun-19
Dale06 25-Jun-19
sitO 25-Jun-19
Dale06 28-Jun-19
Dale06 28-Jun-19
13-May-19
There is about a 99% chance a buddy and I will be chasing these bad boys this season with our bows! We have managed to score some private ground that is supposed to hold a good number of goats.....that being said, i've never hunted them. I know its going to be a hard hunt with out a doubt. But i'm looking for any tips, tricks and tactics that have worked for anyone on here in the past!

21-Jun-19
I’ve arrowed three. Two by water holes. One at a fence crossing. I’m going to South Dakota in August to hunt them. If there is a water hole/pond, that is a good option especially if it’s small and you can cover it from a single blind. If possible put up the blind a week or so ahead of the hunt to let them get used to it. Be prepared for long all day sits. Take plenty of water, sandwiches, snacks etc. I usually take a book or if your can down load some stuff on your smart phone to listen to with head phones. Fence crossings are the same thing. Look for a place where there is a broken wire, or a low spot where they are crawling under. Put up a blind 20 yards or so from it, again a week or so ahead of season. If there are cattle in the pasture, they will likely knock down the blind, out of curiosity, so fence it in. These techniques work best in early season but will work all year. I have not tried decoying them but it can be effective.

21-Jun-19
Decoy, decoy, decoy imo for KS. If you are going to other states Dales advice is solid. You can kill them with those tactics in KS as well, but we have tons of water and very few animals so it takes an extreme amount of patience. Spot and stalk is also in the cards, especially if you can locate a solo buck. Go have fun and use multiple tactics. Plenty get killed every year so it is possible:)

One other thing, if one charges the decoy....TAKE YOUR TIME....I bet many that have hunted them have a story where they rushed the shot and missed.

Good luck!

Matt

21-Jun-19
It takes some acres! We went one year with permission on about two sections, that's not enough, they get up and run farther than that just for the hell of it.

22-Jun-19
I hunt in NM every August on 5,000 acres and they will often run from one side of the ranch to the other if spooked. Water holes would probably be your best bet if it's dry but they are a long, boring sit.

24-Jun-19
i know if they are getting the rain out west like we are here on the east side of the state.... it may just be one big duck marsh out there this year!

24-Jun-19
Some parts of the state need rain, but all parts have had enough that there is standing water more than some years.

25-Jun-19
It does not take long to dry out in western Ks.

25-Jun-19
Did you arrow your "3" in KS Dale?

28-Jun-19
Nope, two near Douglas Wy, and one in NW South Dakota. Going back to SD this August.

28-Jun-19
Sit0, But I spent the first 18 years of my life in west central Ks.

• Sitka Gear