Live2hunt 15-May-19
Hoot 16-May-19
Tweed 16-May-19
Live2hunt 16-May-19
MF 16-May-19
Live2hunt 17-May-19
blackwolf 17-May-19
13-May-19
So, for a few years now I have had more and more white squirrels in my yard. They seem to be more aggressive than the others when the grays and blacks come around. Yesterday, I was shooting my bow and saw something out of the corner of my eye. I look, and there is a white squirrel dragging a dead grey squirrel by me. It drug it off into the woods. A little later I was telling my Father in law about it and my wife says, "There is that white squirrel again with something in it's mouth". I look and it is carrying a chipmunk in its mouth. A while later, my son saw a white one with something in it's mouth and I could not tell what it was. Have any of you witnessed this with White phase squirrels?

13-May-19
Zombie Squirrel Apocalypse.

13-May-19
Sure it wasn't a albino Firle

13-May-19

MF's embedded Photo
MF's embedded Photo
Only seen this guy for 1 day during this past winter....the greys would chase it all over. Cool though!

13-May-19
Definitely firle. Or the lesser firle.

13-May-19
This one may have been a wild albino firle!!!! I have never seen anything like it with a squirrel. Mean things!!!

13-May-19
Could it have been a weasel?

13-May-19
I'm no biologist so I looked it up its apparently a gene mutation in the gray squirrel as long as it doesn't have pink eyes. I would love to put one of those on my wall I've been chasing a black one for two years but never had an ethical shot

13-May-19
We have about 4 of them near my house on the west side of Eau Claire. I have also seen a couple on the south side, west on Q along the river, Right outside Beaver Creek, and Fall Creek has a few. If I get a chance I will post a pic of the one I mounted and the other 2 tails in my collection.

14-May-19
Canadian, I am between Fall Creek and Altoona. We have more white ones than any other. It was odd, when we first moved there it was all your normal grey squirrels. Then, a bunch of black squirrels in the mix, then the white ones took over and it was mostly white. Now, its 50 50 white and grey. The white ones chased the others all the time, but never saw them kill the others before. I don't care if they do, just thought it was odd. Glunker, no, not a weasel. I am a trapper and pretty much know every animal in the state.

14-May-19
Nature can surprise us at times.

14-May-19
Carnivorous white squirrel who should thought.

Mostly likely climate change associated or a variant of CWD that hasn’t been looked into.

15-May-19

thecanadian's embedded Photo
thecanadian's embedded Photo
The one I have mounted has yellowed slightly from tanning and sitting in direct sun. The really white tail is its sibling (both died naturally) and the last one came I found north of fall creek on county hwy d

15-May-19
I do know they need to kill more chipmunks in my yard if they are going to start killing things. I've been wanting to get rid of the chipmunks, but they either don't come out when I am around, or they come out when too many people are around.

16-May-19
I use to see many white white squirrels when I lived in Altoona. It's the only area where I've seen white squirrels. Now that I live north, black squirrels are very common. I wish we had some fox squirrels up here, but don't understand why they aren't around.

16-May-19
I see fox squirrel around here but only in prairie areas within a 100 yards +/- of a tree line. Never see them in the woods or very far from them either.

16-May-19
I see fox squirrels primarily around the farm woodlots, not so much in the forest areas. I just had another report of a white squirrel carrying a grey squirrel in its mouth 3 blocks from my house. They are turning carnivore I tell ya.

16-May-19
Before you know it we will have sharp shooters taking out those zombie white squirrels.

17-May-19
LOL, I've been stationed on my roof with my high power .177 cal.

17-May-19
We have had a white one around the last couple years but it acted no different than the gray ones and ran with the whole bunch.

• Sitka Gear