fisherick 09-Jun-19
Tajue17 26-Jun-19
GMC 02-Jul-19
fisherick 25-Jul-19
DanaC 26-Jul-19
spike78 26-Jul-19
bowandspear 28-Jul-19
13-May-19
If anyone has a flintlock collecting dust from way back when Mass required "reproduction" muzzleloaders, and would be willing to sell it I'd be interested. Not a percussion caplock but a true flintlock. Thanks Tekoa

16-May-19
I'll keep my eyes open for you. Watch listings on TrackoftheWolf.com fir used too.my friend just bought another from there and very satisfied. I was shooting my buds Cabin Creek a couple if weeks ago, very nice. I'm Saving my pennies

16-May-19
Waiting to here from my daughter's boyfriend. He has one for sale. It is a real beauty! I will keep you posted

16-May-19
B&S and Deanmann, Thanks Tekoa

17-May-19
Ever visit 'Hunters' Rendezvous' in Pepperell MA ?

17-May-19
Thanks Dana, I have been there when looking for new trad bows. That trip was on my to do list.

19-May-19
Tekoa I sent you a PM.

28-May-19
Ooooh what ya getting Tekoa?

28-May-19
Nothing at the moment.

08-Jun-19
I believe the gun that was specifically made for the Mass BP law was the T/C .56 smoothbore renegade which was a caplock but it was the smoothbore that made it mass compliant that first year because nothing could be rifled.. LMK if you haven't found anything yet and exactly what you're looking for I might be able to help you find it. I was at Sheldons last weekend and he had a lot of nice long rifles but they looked 1500.00+ easy maybe cheaper ones there I didn't ask.. If you only want one gun think versatility,,,, my baby is a Dave Motto 1730 .62 fowler Jug choked to Modified,, but turkeys, deer, pheasants, it will do it all if I wanted it to.. LMK if you want to shoot it...

08-Jun-19
Tajue I have that TC renegade too, shot my first deer if shotgun season with it last year using the .54 rifled barrel but have since figured out I shoot the .56 smooth better with iron sights. A fowler huh so coool, that's also on my list. Very cool. I just shot my buds new Cabin Creek .54. Swamped rice barrel, grade 3 tiger maple stock, oh myyyyyyy!!!! You do get what you pay for but can still find some good deals. I'm on the search for a Yorktown .54 long rifle before fall arrives.

09-Jun-19
Tajue you are correct, when Mass opened up the primitive season (3-day) it was for pre 1865 style flintlock or caplock muzzleloading black powder SMOOTHBORE long rifles. T/C then came out with the Renegade .56 smoothbore rifle to comply with Mass reg. When Mass regs changed several years later to allow rifled barrels, it was difficult to find replacement .54 cal barrels for the T/C. I actually bought a CVA Frontierman .50 cal. rifle cheaper than a .54 cal T/C unfinished barrel. Primative firearm season has come a long way since then.

26-Jun-19
we had 4 renegade .56 cals,,, we had problems getting them to shoot tight groups with pyrodex so thinking the barrels were the problem I had a barrel changed when TC was in Rochester, nh they also sighted it in for me to be sure the new barrel was fine and they said the best load was 90gr of 2f black powder and that's from the head gun smith but use a .15 patch and round ball with spru up or down,,,, now I'm shooting 4" groups at 50yds standing and that beast has taking a few deer.. the #1 thing I hate about T/C's is the balance point on the gun when carrying is directly under the rear sight,,, so you can unknowingly press the rear sight down into the rear sight frame and it gets stuck!! now your 10" high and it has happened to me twice! I prefer 92gr of 1 1/2F swiss black powder because its much more consistent and most if not all the target shooters use it but its hard to find usually you have to chip in on a case with others and special order it.

02-Jul-19
I haven't been on here lately but saw this post and thought I'd reply. I was shooting my TC renegade 56 cal. Smoothbore recently for sh*** & giggles and it shot 65 gr. of T7 great! Anyone else use new powder in the older guns? I don't own a chrono so I have no clue if the load would be lethal but it's very accurate.

25-Jul-19
Tekoa, Midway USA has a Traditions Pennsylvania flintlock rifle on sale for $700 in this weeks flyer.

26-Jul-19
Fisherick, I bought a 50 caliber 'Green Mountain' barrel for my old 56 Renegade. Worked fine. Eventually gave the gun to a kid who needed one. Drive a Savage ML-II nowadays ;-)

26-Jul-19
Dana I have the Green Mountain as well it’s a nice little compact muzzy and very accurate for what it is. I use a CVA Accura MR now and love it.

28-Jul-19
GMC I shoot the same .56 smooth bore on my Renegade I believe at 75 g pyrodex. Somehow I'm more accurate with that barrel than the .54 rifled. Shot my first deer with this last November using the .54 rifled but then finally tried the .56 smooth bore later in December . Should have been using that one ;)

Track of the Wolf has some really nice PA rock locks on there lately, if you're not into the build one yet.

• Sitka Gear