Chief2 21-May-19
Cheesehead Mike 23-May-19
Hoot 23-May-19
Jeff in MN 27-May-19
Hoot 28-May-19
rallison 29-May-19
Trapper 30-May-19
17-May-19
Was wondering what habit you would change. For me ,its getting out more in the morning than evening sits. Every year I say to myself that I am going to do it, but don't follow thru. When the mornings start to get chilly, I find myself less willing to get up and go. Maybe this year. Another for me is the overuse of a favorite stand. I have plenty of places to sit, but convenience often times over rules logic.

17-May-19
LOL, WORK!!! ready to retire! I'm not a heavy drinker, but I do like my beer so I'm not giving that up. I have a couple bad habits shooting my bow that were ingrained from years of shooting with poor form and release without knowing it. That I am working on and think I have gotten over the hump with. I don't pluck the string anymore anyway. The older I get I find myself closer to the roads than I used to be, I need to git rid of that and get in the forests farther like I used to. Dragging sucks though now a days, LOL.

17-May-19
I learned some bad archery habits I didn’t know I had when I was being coached yesterday. Some habits are hard to break but I will take suggestions and hopefully my precision and accuracy is tops. I didn’t realize how much a session with a pro would help. I actually like to shoot everyday now.

17-May-19
Stop telling the x-bow crowd that they are fricking punks and don't even think it is in bowhunting, put it next to pedophilia.

Sorry, the bad habit just came back and got to strain myself.

17-May-19
Xpedifiles

18-May-19

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
L2H said.... "Dragging sucks though now a days, LOL."

Yes it does suck for those of us that often hunt alone. I am lucky that all my private land places allow me to ATV my deer out. Using a sled pulled behind the ATV makes it easy. For land where you can't use an ATV the sled still makes the job a lot easier, not just for dragging it but for getting the deer or bear into the truck (or boat) too.

And yes, I need to get my butt out of bed and into the morning woods more often too. Prime rut time is about the only early morning deer hunting I have done for a while.

18-May-19
X3 on the morning hunt. Strange thing is I have taken some really nice bucks in the morning....about 50/50 vs. evening....and I still won`t do it. Doesn`t help that I don`t go to bed until midnight.

My bad habit is not doing my summer prep on stand sites. Recently I haven`t even gone out and checked for safety issues. I go out with new straps and restrap everything.

Some tree stands have 4 straps around them....lol. Lazy and stupid, I guess.

18-May-19
Does working TOO much count? I need more woods time.

18-May-19
Easily my big nemesis was a little tin can... Chewed since my last year of high school. Although I would always “gut it” I think it was unfavorable on stand at times and certainly in life! I miss it from time to time, but nonetheless we had some great times together! :)

18-May-19
My release is inconsistent and I have a tough time bringing my elbow all the wat back.

19-May-19
Good for you Duke, just finally quit myself after 34 years.

19-May-19
Chew

20-May-19
Get road rage with kid in the truck, but damn these idiots piss me off sometimes!

20-May-19
Chew? Well, I quit smoking 4 years ago after 35 years, then picked up chewing in it's place. I guess I would rather chew than smoke, I'd hate to quit chewing and for some stupid reason go back to smoking.

20-May-19
I had a bad habit of driving 100 miles round trip to work Monday thru Friday. I broke the bad habit and officially retired last Friday!

21-May-19
Congrats Mike! I'm envious! ! Still grinding 50 miles out for a couple more years.... Enjoy your time.

21-May-19
Congrat's also Mike, you suck!!, LOL. That is a habit I need to stop but not for at least 5 years evidently according to my wife.

21-May-19
Mike the bum! Enjoy your retirement and don't rub it in too much...still got 6-8 years to go myself:(

21-May-19
Good going Mike, let us know when you start to wonder how you ever had time to go to work. One more thing, you know those nice bucks you seem to shoot every year? Now you will have time to hold back and shoot some real nice ones.

21-May-19
Mike you suck! Congrats! I only have 20 something years until I'm there too ha ha

23-May-19
Thanks guys! So far I've been pretty busy and loving it!

23-May-19
Congrats on your retirement Mike. Life is good!

27-May-19
Mike, me too. First thing I learned about retirement was to wonder how I ever had any time to go to work.

28-May-19
Jeff - I heard that from every one that retired and by gosh when I retired it was true.

29-May-19
I retired a lil over a year ago...best...job...ever!

30-May-19
Congrats on your retirement. I'm going to spend more weekends with family starting Nov 1 , 2020, that's my retirement day. Thankfully I have enough vacation built up to cover most of September and October. . I figure I can be at the cabin alone Monday thru Friday and then they can visit me on the weekends.

• Sitka Gear