Buglmin 25-May-19
Dirk Diggler 26-May-19
Ski-Skin 26-May-19
Buglmin 27-May-19
Wapitidung 01-Jun-19
trublucolo 18-Jun-19
19-May-19

Grasshopper's Link
If you attended or listened to the last commission meeting, it was evident we have another group of anti-hunters out there. Take a look at their facebook page. They appear extreme, and radical. Prairie Protection Colorado - apparently formed over prairie dogs. Read some of the comments on facebook, this lady and her followers are saying it is good news a bear hunter was found dead, and other way out there comments.

https://www.facebook.com/prairieprotectioncolorado.org/posts/2240293119568169?__tn__=K-R

19-May-19

Grasshopper's Link
Here is their website.

It looks like CPW took down the bobcat testimony I hope they put it back up so hunters can hear the crazy whacked out babble these folks are putting out.

If you listened to the meeting, the anti's brought in animal rights preacher, Reverend Halperin. I'm listening to his babble, sitting next to Conrad Dreher who brings up his Catholic Catechism on his phone and shows me that it exactly says wearing furs is totally acceptable according to Catholic teaching. I am non denominational, but that is good enough for me.

This group appears as extreme as any of them....

20-May-19
You dont last long on their page if you present them with facts. Ask me how I know. What saddens me even more is we have hunters who spoke in favor of the ban. The lady that read a statement in favor of the ban, from her friend who couldn't be there , speaks as a hunter on several sites. Why any of us would speak out against anothers choice of pursuit is something I'll never understand.

20-May-19
You mean like the founder of the Colorado chapter of BHA speaking in favor of the spring bear hunt ban and helping the antis take it away? It is amazing how many hunters cave when they get some criticism.

20-May-19
It's these special interest groups that is going to hurt Colorado hunters. The monies they have backing them, the demands they are putting on game commissioners, applying for offices, is a huge threat. These special interest groups will soon be using the governors animal rights activist partner to farther push and expand their issues. Something must be done. As for hunters speaking out about against other hunters, some do it out of pressure, some do it cause they don't agree with the facts, some think there are some animals that shouldn't be hunted. What it does is cause more dividing amongst us.

20-May-19
Yep, he's the classic example Orion.

20-May-19
They came up on here a while back and I went over and posted some facts on their page, just for grins, it didn't last 12 hours before they took it down...

20-May-19
Yes, I go blocked from their Facebook page cause I asked where did they get their funding, who where they tied to, and their ties to our govenor and his partner. Asked what they stood for and who they backed. And again asked if they were privately funded, membership dues, and if they were based out of Golden or Boulder, and when they were founded. These special interest groups interest me. From their posts, they are democratic and liberal based. And huge in outlawing coyote contests and coyote killing.

20-May-19
This is anecdotal, but this is a bio (Copy/paste) from their board director.

Lierre Keith- Board Director

Lierre Keith is a writer, small farmer, and radical feminist activist. She is the author of six books, including The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability, which has been called “the most important ecological book of this generation.” She is coauthor, with Derrick Jensen and Aric McBay, of Deep Green Resistance: Strategy to Save the Planet She’s also been arrested six times. You can read more about Lierre at www.lierrekeith.com.

Who touts that they have been arrested 6 times???? WTH?

20-May-19
Read Deep Green Resistance web page. Their guidelines to feminist and their stance about violence being ok to defend that which you love. Where do these people come from? How much money is contributed to these groups annually? It seems they back prairie protection Colorado and CELDF...community environmental legal defense fund.

20-May-19
"Who touts that they have been arrested 6 times???? WTH?"...still laughing!!!

20-May-19
Does not surprise me at all about these "fringe" groups especially when they believe the CPW, the CPW Commission and all hunters are the enemies of wildlife and that all wildlife should just be left alone. Yep, bring back the critical balance of nature using wolves and other predators and then just let Nature take its course.

The only problems is that there is more than one fringe group and their voices get louder and louder. Being a Ballot Initiative state where wildlife issues can be debated and changed, sucks.

20-May-19
I just looked up the Colorado Wolf Project. Among other things they state why wolves are beneficial and should be introduced to Colorado. Selling points: Yellow Stone is the big seller, but then

1. Elk and deer are stronger because the wolves chase them and make them run

2. Chased elk and deer are good for the soil as when they are chased, their hoofs dig deeper into the soil, thus retaining water and aerate the soil.

20-May-19
Paul this group needs a pack of wolves to chase them!

20-May-19
Paul.. lol .. oh my.. I cant believe that anyone would believe those selling points.. but I suppose there must be otherwise they wouldn't be selling it.. lol

21-May-19
They say hunting isn't conservation, does anyone know what % of "conservation" is funded by hunters? Do they believe nature will take care of itself and conservation will need no funding if all hunting is illegal? Then you have to wonder. If all hunting were illegal, who would still eat venison. What would be the end result.

21-May-19
Paul- I should not give them any ideas. But I am surprised that they have not advocated for wolves because the elk and deer have become out of shape and obese. Having wolves will help ungulates with their fitness. Wolves only eat the sick and weak,,,,,, and the fatties.

21-May-19
z barebow, I took those two reasons (selling points) from Colorado Wolf Project's play book. They were not my ideas.

21-May-19
Paul-Understood. Their ideas are so ludicrous,,,,,,,,,,, nothing surprises me.

21-May-19

samman's embedded Photo
samman's embedded Photo
I see the Governors "partner" is on their FB page.

22-May-19
samman, can you show the total text from the " government official".

22-May-19
Below is the entire post from PPC. The Government Official did not reply on that post that I saw

Excellent Article:

" 'Hunting is conservation!' This slogan seems to be omnipresent lately. It is clearly meant to pair the ideas in people’s minds so that the idea of hunting will benefit by association with the idea of conservation. After all, hunting involves killing, which not only evokes negative sentiments in people’s minds but would seem to be the very antithesis of conservation.

Hunters (as a group) are quick to retort that conservation depends on hunting because, first, it was hunters the likes of Teddy Roosevelt who started the conservation movement way back when, and second, because hunters, unlike non-hunters, pay to ensure that there are wild animals to hunt. They think this shows they deserve privileged treatment when it comes to saying how wild animals should be managed. In practice, their influence invariably results in the killing of large carnivores, such as cougars and wolves, in the belief that it will result in more deer and elk to shoot. After all, in theory fewer carnivores should mean more herbivores. Even Aldo Leopold thought so 100 years ago when he was young and very little was known about predator-prey ecology.

The admission that hunters have played a role in wildlife conservation ought to be coupled with the admission that they had an even greater role in causing the demise of many species in the first place: passenger pigeon, bison, beaver, gray wolf, grizzly bear – none of which are really doing that well today as a matter of fact. At most, hunters as a class have made partial reparation for the sins of their past, which hardly warrants granting them special rights.

.....This brings us to the public trust and the idea that democracy should prevail in wildlife management – or at least in hunting. What does this mean? The plain meaning is that state wildlife management agencies have a duty to manage wild animals for the benefit of the public – the entire public. So how then does it happen that hunters, especially big-spending trophy hunters, are the primary clientele of state wildlife management agencies? After all, they comprise a relatively small percentage of the citizenry. Yet the big spenders get the best hunting opportunities; and hunters as an interest group dominate state wildlife management. Public opinion surveys have repeatedly shown that most citizens oppose hunting black bears or cougars with hounds and disapprove of bear baiting. Furthermore, there is a growing body of research showing that wolves and cougars not only control their own population sizes without the help of hunters, but preferentially select sick and infirm prey animals, thereby controlling the spread of diseases such as deadly chronic wasting disease – a disease that is quickly advancing westward in the Rocky Mountain States and threatening to ravage deer and elk herds. To remove wolves from an ecosystem is analogous to inflicting an autoimmune disease on the land. So much for honoring the public trust."

22-May-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
And this is the type of group the Prairie Protection Colorado is.... actually posting they are happy with loss of life.

22-May-19
She was ripping hunters apart for their social media posts at the commission meeting. Double standards do apply apparently.

22-May-19

samman's Link
Not being a FB user, does anyone know how the first gentleman ends up on that page? Is he a friend, contributor, what? I see he is supportive of the animal rights groups.

22-May-19
You can bet the anti's will jump on this train with the conductor being the governors "partner" & ride it as far as it will go. Polis will probably use the slogan "happy wife, happy life" and cave to his "partner" to keep the peace with legislation he can sign.

22-May-19
The First Gentleman Marion Ross isn't on their page, it's a related page. If you look at his page, you'll see he's not ebdorsing the PPC or anything like that. He does have a piece about the CPW, but that's about it.

22-May-19
Thanks Buglmin for the clarification. It looks like the Colorado Wolf Project did some creative editing.

25-May-19

Ski-Skin's Link
https://www.sierraclub.org/press-releases/2018/06/sierra-club-launches-600000-campaign-support-jared-polis

25-May-19
I suggest everyone look at the group for recalling Polis. I just read ski-skin's link. I've been following what's going on with Polis, and we might be in huge trouble soon, worse then New Mexico.

26-May-19
I just assumed everyone here belonged to the group to recall polis.

26-May-19
From the continental divide to the base of the front range almost everything is private and winter range. In the mountains on the western slope, every valley is winter range. Might be good to let these people know that wolves will be in the winter range. In their yards eating dogs. Need to put fliers out at every trailhead all summer long like the signs in New Mexico about the wolves.

This trail is in Wolf Winter & Summer range. Non native Canadian Timber wolves have been forcibly placed in colorado they are 30% larger than wolves that historically lived in Colorado. Trail users can not kill the wolves when they attach or kill their pets. Trail users can not harass or haze wolves in anyway. Trial users should not look weak, or be injured or be small (like Children). Trail users should not run because that makes them look like prey. Trail users should not ride bikes because that makes them look like prey. Trail users may defend themselves if a pack of wolves attacks them, however you must have proof that you were attacked. If attacked, you will need to defend yourself, bear spray is for bears and will not work on a pack of Wolves. A pistol or rifle will work best.

27-May-19
I had a great talk with Dick Ray, found out they are wanting to put 60 wolves into the Weminuche. 60 wolves!!! Four to six pups in a liter a year.... It's mind boggling when you figure out how high the numbers will be in four to six years...

New Mexico just passed a green bill, without being voted on. The govenor is screwing the people, and Polis is following with the same plan. You all need to look into what they are wanting to pass and how it'll effect everyone higher electrical bills, higher taxes.

01-Jun-19
Recall!

18-Jun-19
"I just assumed everyone here belonged to the group to recall polis."

My thoughts as well Dirk.

• Sitka Gear