Bear 17-Sep-20
Bear 17-Sep-20
Bear 17-Sep-20
Bear 17-Sep-20
Bear 17-Sep-20
Bear 17-Sep-20
Bear 17-Sep-20
20-May-19
Congratulations! Your number was drawn as part of the lottery .

I am in for this fall bear hunt.

24-May-19
No dice here..

13-Jun-19
Next year for me , our group had six get drawn not sure how many will go . My Brother in law and his son got drawn but the Dad had a heart attack and died two weeks ago and I don't think the son feels like going and a couple others are not sure.Time will tell . good luck to the bear hunter this year!

21-Jun-19
No quota has a lot of bear if you didn't get drawn.

We had two in my immediate neighborhood only 30 minutes North of Twin Cities. All over the local news and following the discussion thread found out about 6 more. Zone 236 and Carlos Avery area just outside of 601.

27-Jun-19
Problem in that area is dogs:( Once they find your bait you can kiss the bears bye-bye. But you're right there's bears in the north metro, a lot more than people think!

20-May-20
Results are up https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/licenses/lotteries/bear.html

I and one other in our group in area13 hope camp grounds are open for that.

23-May-20
I drew in 45 with 7 points.

28-May-20
found out two more got drawn for our camp 4 from friends camp 15 mile north of us and 4 in friends camp 20 miles west of us.

02-Jun-20
Bear,

I hope you guys are hunting near me. Need to get rid of a few.

04-Jun-20
Area 12 is getting harder and harder. I knew I wouldn’t draw since I did last year but my buddy didn’t with 4 .

05-Jun-20
I miss the days where I could count on getting a tag every year...and bait was FREE for the asking. Damn I'm getting old:(

05-Jun-20
Yeah, then every other year

I think there are enough bears (more than enough?) in 12 to give out some more tags

07-Jun-20
We are 10 miles north of Big Falls

04-Aug-20
Surplus go on sale tomorrow at noon. Good luck!

04-Aug-20
Where did you find the leftover list? I can't find it on the DNR site.

04-Aug-20
Wasn't there this morning, now it is. Check again under the Hunting tab and Bear Hunt Info. 115 available in 51.

04-Aug-20
Thanks

04-Sep-20
Anybody shooting any bears?

06-Sep-20
I got my first bear Friday night. Rifle kill. I made a mistake and shot a smaller, but similar looking one to the bear I was after. Overall it was a fun experience and I’ll do it again when I can draw.

07-Sep-20
Congratulations, it's easy to get fooled on size, they all look pretty much alike. My first one in 1973 was 94 lbs, a lot of ground shrinkage.

17-Sep-20

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo
No bears for our group they were there but only cubs came in to eat while sows circled in the distance I had the only shot and my arrow flew wild either touching the hub rod or my sleeve it was 18 inches away from my aiming spot shot back at camp and in the blind at target the next day and all was fine anyway got thousands of great pics.My three legged sow was back for the eighth year

17-Sep-20

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo
No bears for our group they were there but only cubs came in to eat while sows circled in the distance I had the only shot and my arrow flew wild either touching the hub rod or my sleeve it was 18 inches away from my aiming spot shot back at camp and in the blind at target the next day and all was fine anyway got thousands of great pics.My three legged sow was back for the eighth year

17-Sep-20

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo

17-Sep-20

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo

17-Sep-20

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo

17-Sep-20

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo

17-Sep-20

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo