Deanmann 27-May-19
Dthfrmabove 27-May-19
bigsevig 27-May-19
Deerdawg 27-May-19
Qdiver911 05-Jun-19
23-May-19

Deerdawg's embedded Photo
I’m out for a hike and Up goes a big Tom in front of me so I walk over to where he disappeared into the trees and came up on this. Scared the tar out of me.

23-May-19

Here’s a close up
Here’s a close up

23-May-19
Rat snake? probably would have startled me at first too!

23-May-19
Snakes are not my favorite!

23-May-19
Rat or Racer? If a Rat Snake that is one very rare find as I have never seen one and they are only in a few towns. Would love to see one though.

23-May-19
Racer

23-May-19
I thought maybe the Turkey got him. It got it head stuck in some sort of netting and was dead . Weird Tough way to go. I would guess a Racer but I am no snake charmer.

23-May-19
Racer I think, that sort of gun metal gray/blue belly is the tell. Black rat snakes have checked belly's I believe. I'm with spike, I saw one years ago and would love to see another... But like the two copper heads I've seen... it's been decades! Regardless, that's a super amazing discovery!

23-May-19
So, last night in the darkness, I pulled my crab trap, as I flipped it to dump it out, a 2/ft eel slid out, and started to wrap itself around my ankle/ shoe! Now, I’m not saying I expected it, but I didn’t. The 4 MMA Cadets walking by as I Screeched in fear..... nothing to see here kids! Move on! Bull sharks, GWS, I survived.... add an Arachnid or snake type critter... I say Nay Nay Cheers

26-May-19
Q diver eels got that slime on them that don’t come off! Snakes bother me more. Grew up brook fishing in the spring so I went down to a spot and started fishing. After a bunch of casts I went to sit down on the rock behind me and when I looked back and Down as I went to sit, I see a big ole water snake all coiled up at the waters edge! I must have jumped 4-5 feet over it , dropped my pole and ran out of there! Ha ha

26-May-19
Its pretty amazing to see just how many people r so afraid of snakes . To me I think they r the coolest cats in the county. When I was young I caught all types and sold them to pet stores .I got 5 bucks for every racer and banded water snake I took out of the fish hatchery holding ponds .Everybodys got their thing for me its the spiders! I hate those creepy crawlers unlike snakes they can b anywhere eeesh hate.Really starting to hate ticks all most as much except they don't spin a web

26-May-19
Qdiver any big eels that you get save them for me !!! Keep a big ziplock bag with kosher salt in it. Throw them in and when you get home throw them in the freezer. I will come and get them. Will gladly compensate you well for them!!!!

Oh by the way they can’t be big enough for my intended purposes

26-May-19
I posted on here a year or two about a Northern water snake being tangled up in my pear tree netting. I cut it free with scissors but looked exhausted and pissed. He went away haven’t seen it since.

26-May-19
He lived happily ever after in the swamp.Eating frogs and fish and any other critter it can get its jaws on.Good save

26-May-19
DTH, I smell a plug or old fashioned yo yo rig.them bigums are candy

26-May-19

Dthfrmabove's embedded Photo
Notme

Not for the eel skins but for bait eels are the only things that don’t get gobbled up by crabs and pecked at by little fish

26-May-19

The little outdoors girl loves snakes. We have 4-6 different ones in the backyard that have names. Lol

26-May-19
That’s awesome! Too many people hate snakes for no reason never understood why.

27-May-19
Shawn what does she call the one you lost in the house then found in the pan by the wife? ...Houdini!! Lol.

27-May-19
Dean Man. Hahahha. We don’t mention that one !!!!

27-May-19
talking about rat snakes, a co worker picked one up in chatham on a marsh 25 yrs ago. must have been 5 ' long and fat! they held there heads up 3 of them. guess thats a trait according to a snake guy i met.

27-May-19
She’s a little snake charmer! Girls got me beat, I could not handle one. I don’t hate them , they just creep me out.

05-Jun-19
Will do Shawn

• Sitka Gear